What's new

ATTENTION 1600/ 3200 Rowe Bill Breaker Stringing

UWashCarWash Ken

Reaction score
To whom it may concern,

I installed 4 of the 3200 rowe bill breakers into my newest location around 6 months ago. I bought these units do their capabilities of breaking a 10 dollar bill or 20 dollar bill and giving out both cash and change in return. I learned that customers don't want 20 dollars in change and this was a great solution to a problem.

I had my unit set up if you insert a 20 dollar bill it would dispense 2 five dollar bills, 8 one dollar coins, and 8 quarters. For one ten dollar bill the unit would dispense 1 five, 4 dollar coins, and 4 quarters. This was working great until I noticed that my inventory was off back in early December. I was losing more coins then I was taking bills in.

I contacted Lloyde at Rowe with this issue, and he said I needed to install the newest software. I was very annoyed with that response, due to the units coming from the manufacturer only 3 months previous. Why couldn't they upgrade their machines before sending them out to the market? I did what he said and installed the newest software. I still took other precautions and put tokens only in, as well I installed a security camera system.

The problem stopped, most likely the criminals were getting sick of robbing tokens. Recently I went back to dispensing quarters only. In the last two weeks I again noticed my coin inventory dwindling. This could not be possible!

To ensure I wasn't going crazy and that I was capable of doing a simple audit, I reviewed the cameras. To my surprise there was some suspicious activity occurring around midnight for the past 5 nights. I was able to zoom in with my camera and find a man putting a bill in, bill being rejected, and him feeding another bill in right behind. This man went to all my machines without washing so I knew that something funny was going on.

I then finally tried to do the same thing as the criminal to ensure I wasn't going crazy. I did in fact find out how to make these machines pay out 6 dollars of coin for a 1 dollar bill transaction!! This ensure me I wasn't insane and that Rowe put a faulty product to market.

I will not post how to do it on this site to protect the business owners that have these units. If you want to know exactly how this is occurring you can message me and I will send the video.

I learned the best solution to stop this payout is to turn off the bill recycler completely.

After finding out this problem, I contacted Rowe. Again Lloyde has not reached out to his distributors to let them know that there is in fact a problem with these machines. His negligence is frustrating and it felt time to exploit Rowe and protect other business owners. Rowe is a pathetic company that will not take responsibility for their action. Hopefully this reaches some owners of the units before the criminals drain their machines as well.

Hopefully this helps

Ken

mac

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up

cmawash

Reaction score
rowe 1600 fix

Turns out that the triad bill breakers have the same problem. Keep a good inventory on your machines
we have the 1600 Rowe,s and their fantastic, MEI had to design a fix and the fix was down loaded via the internet into the rowe 1600 automaticaly. Problem was fixed and did not have to remove prom chip and once mei knew what to fixed its great

UWashCarWash Ken

Reaction score
Your welcome. The version 3.1.0 still has glitches when you use multiple coins dispersal, so for now only use quarters. The stringing problem however has gone away for now. Must be that the criminals in California are more advance. On that note still continue to watch your machines. This is a great platform to communicate defects and glitches with the bill breakers, so we can stay one step ahead of the criminals

Triad

BillBreaker
Reaction score
Triad

To whom it may concern,

I installed 4 of the 3200 rowe bill breakers into my newest location around 6 months ago. I bought these units do their capabilities of breaking a 10 dollar bill or 20 dollar bill and giving out both cash and change in return. I learned that customers don't want 20 dollars in change and this was a great solution to a problem.

I had my unit set up if you insert a 20 dollar bill it would dispense 2 five dollar bills, 8 one dollar coins, and 8 quarters. For one ten dollar bill the unit would dispense 1 five, 4 dollar coins, and 4 quarters. This was working great until I noticed that my inventory was off back in early December. I was losing more coins then I was taking bills in.

I contacted Lloyde at Rowe with this issue, and he said I needed to install the newest software. I was very annoyed with that response, due to the units coming from the manufacturer only 3 months previous. Why couldn't they upgrade their machines before sending them out to the market? I did what he said and installed the newest software. I still took other precautions and put tokens only in, as well I installed a security camera system.

The problem stopped, most likely the criminals were getting sick of robbing tokens. Recently I went back to dispensing quarters only. In the last two weeks I again noticed my coin inventory dwindling. This could not be possible!

To ensure I wasn't going crazy and that I was capable of doing a simple audit, I reviewed the cameras. To my surprise there was some suspicious activity occurring around midnight for the past 5 nights. I was able to zoom in with my camera and find a man putting a bill in, bill being rejected, and him feeding another bill in right behind. This man went to all my machines without washing so I knew that something funny was going on.

I then finally tried to do the same thing as the criminal to ensure I wasn't going crazy. I did in fact find out how to make these machines pay out 6 dollars of coin for a 1 dollar bill transaction!! This ensure me I wasn't insane and that Rowe put a faulty product to market.

I will not post how to do it on this site to protect the business owners that have these units. If you want to know exactly how this is occurring you can message me and I will send the video.

I learned the best solution to stop this payout is to turn off the bill recycler completely.

After finding out this problem, I contacted Rowe. Again Lloyde has not reached out to his distributors to let them know that there is in fact a problem with these machines. His negligence is frustrating and it felt time to exploit Rowe and protect other business owners. Rowe is a pathetic company that will not take responsibility for their action. Hopefully this reaches some owners of the units before the criminals drain their machines as well.

Hopefully this helps

Ken
If you have any concerns with any Triad products (Model 400 or 500) call Triad (978) 952-0136.