What's new

Attendant wages..

ShineShed

Reaction score
Whats a fair wage for a small self serve carwash attendant? I pay mine by the day . Its a 3ss 1iba facility with 4 vacuum/ trash stations. They do the trash, spray out bays, clean vacuums out when needed. I dont want to underpay them they do help me alot.

Randy

Reaction score
We pay our employees $19.50 an hour.

soonermajic

Reaction score
We pay our employees $19.50 an hour.
Wth?!!! You're in lefty, hippie, liberal fairytale land! Ha.
Carwashes would go broke, in the Midwest & South, if they paid that. I payind $10/hr + .50 per car. He makes about $600/week, & is worth every Penney. That being said, if he ever leaves, I'll probably install a new Touchless, put a bucket & brush out front, & not replace him.

srr5008

Reaction score
Our attendant is only on-site for 1-3 hours each day, depending on how busy we were the day before (he does mornings, while we're at our "day jobs" and we clean it in the afternoons). Because he has low hours (5-15) each week we pay him $18/hr to make it worthwhile. He is doing this for side money. If we had a full time attendant, then we wouldn't be paying that much for an hourly wage.

Etowah

mikempls

Reaction score
We pay our attendant $21 per day. He does it seven days a week. He averages about an hour a day, sometimes only a half hour on rain days and sometimes about two hours on really busy days. I've considered going to an hourly rate and just paying for his actual time on site as I think he would spend more time and pay more attention to detail at an hourly rate? Could be wishful thinking?

MudMoney

Reaction score
My employee $12.00 an hour ,30 hours a week. He also works @ my other business as a courier driver which adds more hours on a different wage scale then.

ShineShed

Reaction score
Thats a good thought mikempls i didnt think about paying mine by the hour but I suppose it would make them want to do more, i just worry about them milking the clock. I have 2 guys (one 4 days a week one 3 days a week) they get $25 per day (retired guys) they come down a few times a day to clean bays empt trash, the one attendant does more for me just for something to do I really appreciate it and he doesnt need the $ he sitting good at 74 yrs old. I always wondered if i should pay them more

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anyone else pay preppers per car? O think it makes em wanna do more cars+ do better, since they get tips to (& tips are pretty dang good)!!

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
I have always paid my guys a straight salary and provided a vehicle for them to drive. Currently at $2500 per month plus vehicle with some bonus incentives. It keeps them with me for long periods of time and I don't have to retrain all the time.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
My father and I co-own three car washes. What we pay our self-service attendants depends on their skillsets. For instance, someone who is what we call a body (an attendant with no mechanical ability) is paid $11, Maryland's minimum wage. Our mechanically inclined attendants make $14/hour.

Our mechanics make anywhere from $20/hour to $40 and hour, again depending on skillset. Our computer guy gets $40 an hour because he's the only one in the bunch who knows the computer aspect.

Our self-serve attendants also oversee our IBAs, and they do get $10 commission for when a new vehicle signs up, followed by $5 for additional vehicles the same person does.