What's new

as a carwasher, what makes you smile?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm compiling a list of things that make carwashers smile.:D

Please keep in mind, I'd like to keep the list clean, upbeat, and honest. If you want to just fool around and crack wise, start your own thread for that please.

Here are a couple to get started:

1. Road Salt!

2. Monday Snowstorms!

3. The smell of the 'wax'.

4. No water leaks all week!

Come on; you can do this!!!

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
When I'm finished spraying the lot off. Yes, you can theoretically drop your towel, pick it up, and continue drying your car off.
Oooooohh. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Renato

Reaction score
Im in a semi-desertic area,
dust/sand storm follow from a little rain....thats make me smile.
nice customers.
the customer face expression once we finished her/his car detailed! and they cant believe its the same car.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
The melodious sound of quarters jingling into my meter box when I'm 1000 miles away on vacation. :) <--- see, it really does make me smile!

Eric H

Reaction score
How about a full lot with NO booming bass from the guy with the unreasonably loud radio.:)

MEP001

Reaction score
A customer approaching me telling me how clean the wash always is, or how well everything works, or that he passes two others to use ours.

A stack of quarters left on the ledge in front of the meter box (Record is $13.75).

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Customers coming up to me and telling me that this is the only car wash they have been using for the last 20 years.

A vehicle covered in FB soap and the timer beeping that there is only a minute left.

Work Week Morning Commute Precipitation

CleanStreak

Single IBA
Reaction score
Logging in to the cameras from a remote location and seeing a big SUV in the IBA and three more cars stacked up behind it. :)

P

Patrick H. Crowe

Waxman:

My sincere compliments on your question, well asked, you distinguish your self as a gentleman and a scholar. I'll limit myself to five responses, not really in order but such a delight to report:

1. Responses to local press releases - - to me there's noting quite like the local news anchor asing me: What's this - - free washes, OPRAH, Dr Phil. Too much!

2. National and international calls - - to Cowtown for pete's sake - - asking the same questions.

3. The priest at the closest Catholic church asking the attendants at Sunday Mass to buy my donated token to help send kids to leadership training. I felt like God had endorsed me.

4. Having my writings published in nearly all the major car wash journals.

5. Seeing my Car Wash Appraisal Handbook become such a wide seller. Despite the high price, 29.97, it sold and continues to sell - - far exceeding industry strndards fo such books.

So many more - - -

Patrick H. Crowe, www carwashappraisal.com

Eric H

Reaction score
5. Seeing my Car Wash Appraisal Handbook become such a wide seller. Despite the high price, 29.97, it sold and continues to sell - - far exceeding industry strndards fo such books.

So many more - - -

Patrick H. Crowe, www carwashappraisal.com
You forgot #6. Free advertising for your "books"

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Packed bays and lot while customers are visiting, picking up trash, and helping other customers--smiling and enjoying life. Realizing that while everyone has their life issues with which to deal, most people are well adjusted, honest, kind, friendly and happy--ie they mostly ignore the so called journalists and are comfortable getting some facts and doing their own analysis.

Ted

jimbeaux

Reaction score
ditto on the love bugs & pollen!
hearing the four beeps on my timer when a golden dollar is put in.
hearing it happen 4 or 5 times, one after the other.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
hearing the four beeps on my timer when a golden dollar is put in. hearing it happen 4 or 5 times, one after the other.
As Nolan Ryan said so eloquently "I love that sound."

Another thing that made me smile recently was getting a brand new 5HP 3PH motor on ebay for $100. It would work on most of my SS bays and a couple of my compressors. Only two weeks later, on a Sunday morning it paid for itself several times over when I used it to repair my compressor at my busiest wash.