What's new

Armor All Ceramic Sealant

Bricks

Reaction score
I’m all out of ideas. It’s leaving a white chalky film even with a copper colored ultra lean tip. That dilution is injected through HP.

The rep told me to start off with a PINK tip!!
I’m so sick of wasting time and money on test washes. Not to mention the elbow grease it takes to wipe the film off! Maybe I could try dumping out half of the container and adding 2 1/2 gallons of water? That seems extreme to me.
Does anyone run this stuff with success?

Bricks

Reaction score
I would take it off line and try another product. Get your rep to send you something different that's not going to chalk the cars up. I can't imagine a sales rep not taking care of this for you!
$600 down the drain not counting the test washes. I bought two 5 gallon jugs and put one at each wash. I might try the ceramic that you use. A red tip would be manageable.

washnshine

Reaction score
$600 down the drain not counting the test washes. I bought two 5 gallon jugs and put one at each wash. I might try the ceramic that you use. A red tip would be manageable.
Simoniz Ceramic Sealant, Quest Total Shield and Quest Vanta Gloss will leave nothing behind except for an ultra shine and extreme water beading. I’m not a salesman - I’ve used all three with great success.

Bricks

Reaction score
Simoniz Ceramic Sealant, Quest Total Shield and Quest Vanta Gloss will leave nothing behind except for an ultra shine and extreme water beading. I’m not a salesman - I’ve used all three with great success.
Thanks! What tip do you use with Simoniz?

washnshine

Reaction score
I’d have to check which color, but I know our final dilution ended up being around 120-150:1 on the car.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Nova from Chemquest is a very user friendly product!
Low pressure or medium pressure
No chalky residue
Very cost efficient!

But one ?
How are you rinsing it off

The reason I ask is this:
Another ceramic product i have tested
It leaves an amazing finish
But it needs high pressure rinsed off
Or you may get some residue from the carrier left on the vehicle
You high pressure rinse
Then spot free and its beautiful
If you dont then……

Bricks

Reaction score
How are you rinsing it off
I tried hp rinse. 34 zero degree nozzles at 1100psi. It may be my lack of hydrominder knowledge and fluctuating pressures. But nothing else has this problem.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I tried hp rinse. 34 zero degree nozzles at 1100psi. It may be my lack of hydrominder knowledge and fluctuating pressures. But nothing else has this problem.
Hmmmmm

Sounds to me the sales rep needs to do his job!
I m a firm believer in having a true partnership with my chemical rep

Washnshine is right- there are plenty of products out there that are easy to use
And - I m not an Armor All fan
I dont care how much marketing effect they claim.
I told the NCS guy to get the f—-k off my place!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Are you sure it's caused by the sealant? Have you checked in multiple bays? What is your water quality?

Bricks

Reaction score
Are you sure it's caused by the sealant? Have you checked in multiple bays? What is your water quality?
I’m 100 percent sure. I even have inline flow meters for fine tuning. In two days, I sat through 30 test washes to be this sure.

Bricks

Reaction score
I m a firm believer in having a true partnership with my chemical rep
My rep said “ Remember, a touchless wash isn’t for cleaning a car, it’s for maintaining a clean car.”

My washes clean cars.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes - I’ve heard a lot of chem reps and equipment installers say that. It’s just a lack of expectation.