What's new

Arimitsu Pumps

copperglobe

Reaction score
Great pumps. Love em. Used them for years with no problems. But like all things they need parts like seals and such. Problem is that you can't get parts during this shortage we're experiencing. Was told this morning that my part order for a rebuild wouldn't be shipped until March 2022 at the earliest and probably not until late summer 2022. Wow. Tired of all this.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm curious how bad parts availability will get when the latest OSHA vaccine mandate goes in effect. They are now even asking for comments from small business (under 100 employees) owners because they are considering those too. I'm not sure why King Biden does not just come out and say all Americans have to be vaccinated. This will probably be short lived but might get ugly.

sparkey

Reaction score
Guess I won't be buying arimitsu anymore

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I'm told that Greg is retired- no longer with Arimitsu. Both Kleen-Rite and CarWashSuperstore told me the same thing. No pumps no parts.
He did. You can still order direct and this is Greg’s replacement. He is also a nice guy but still learning.

Curt Rekstad | Customer Support | (763) 205-8352 (direct) | (612) 325-5202 (mobile) | (763) 433-0404 (fax)

Arimitsupumps

Reaction score
Great pumps. Love em. Used them for years with no problems. But like all things they need parts like seals and such. Problem is that you can't get parts during this shortage we're experiencing. Was told this morning that my part order for a rebuild wouldn't be shipped until March 2022 at the earliest and probably not until late summer 2022. Wow. Tired of all this.
Hi all,

It's true Greg retired after 16 years of dedicated service to the carwash industry. He will be sorely missed. My name is Tommy Newstrom, I am Greg's replacement, and I hope to offer you the same exceptional service going forward. I'm sorry that you were informed that we do not have parts to service your Arimitsu pump. Although, we have experienced the pain from unpredictable freight carriers, we do have stock on service parts for all the Arimitsu pumps. I do not show any orders hanging out till March and welcome the opportunity to get you your needed parts.

Please feel free to call me direct at: 612-219-7522. Thank you and all of the other Arimitsu faithful users. I hope to meet each of you personally in the future.

Rudy

Reaction score
FWIW....I've been replacing my almost 30 year old Cat 623's with Arimitsu 511's as they need major repair. I'm down to my last Cat 623....so this thread "spooked" me last November. I called Arimitsu ASAP. Yes, Greg was no longer there. What I DID indeed get, was the same caring, competent service. They had a new 511 pump out the door to me the next day.

You may ask why the jump from Cat to Arimitsu.....especially after such great pump life?

Price (and the cost of replacement parts). (Also, the employees love the quietness of the Arimitsu's)

At this point in my life (after almost 30 years in the car wash business), I doubt I'll need a pump to last me another 30 years.....

I figure Randy will be the only guy still hanging around then?????

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
This is a copy of something I posted on Facebook.

I used Arimitsu 516 on all of my SS bays. I won't get into "This one is better than that one" because both make good pumps. I will say that the Cat 5CP-2120 is inferior to the 310 though. It's easier to work on, but in longevity, not so much. It does have the lifetime warranty on the original head, and you will eventually use it, because it will most likely wash out. A benefit of the Arimitsu is that it has 4 outlets as opposed to 2 on a Cat, which makes plumbing one up a cleaner job and also makes repairs easier. Never had a valve problem with an Arimitsu. I used them all (and also Gail), over the decades I spent in the business.
On a side note: On the Friday before July 4th, I had a 516 making a funny noise. It had been in place for 10 years and the oil had never been checked or changed. When the pump shut off, it was seized. There was no oil in it and magic smoke was wafting up from the fill hole. We didn't get a new pope that day, so I figured this pump was dead. I filled it with some air compressor oil because that was all I had, and stuck a crow bar through the pulley spokes and got it to turn, and loose enough to put back into service. I hoped it would make it through the holiday weekend and until I got a new pump. Well, I sold the wash to Dakota Hoskins a couple of years ago and to my knowledge it still running. Oh, and did I mention that was July 4th weekend in 2015!

copperglobe

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's true Greg retired after 16 years of dedicated service to the carwash industry. He will be sorely missed. My name is Tommy Newstrom, I am Greg's replacement, and I hope to offer you the same exceptional service going forward. I'm sorry that you were informed that we do not have parts to service your Arimitsu pump. Although, we have experienced the pain from unpredictable freight carriers, we do have stock on service parts for all the Arimitsu pumps. I do not show any orders hanging out till March and welcome the opportunity to get you your needed parts.

Please feel free to call me direct at: 612-219-7522. Thank you and all of the other Arimitsu faithful users. I hope to meet each of you personally in the future.

OK Tommy I placed an order with Kleen-Rite and CarWashSuperStore. We'll see if they ship. Thanks.

Arimitsupumps

Reaction score
OK Tommy I placed an order with Kleen-Rite and CarWashSuperStore. We'll see if they ship. Thanks.
Hello Copperglobe,

Thank you for giving us at Arimitsu the opportunity to support your pump needs. I am always available to contact directly with any questions on part availability, stocking levels, or any other pump inquiries. I can be reached directly at 612-219-7522 or by email at tnewstrom@arimitsupumps.com.
Thank you and have a great day.

kempape

Reaction score
Hello Copperglobe,

Thank you for giving us at Arimitsu the opportunity to support your pump needs. I am always available to contact directly with any questions on part availability, stocking levels, or any other pump inquiries. I can be reached directly at 612-219-7522 or by email at tnewstrom@arimitsupumps.com.
Thank you and have a great day.

kempape

Reaction score
re:- ordering direct from arimitsu .. I understand pumps not in stock. i dont understand 3 or 4 days delay before shipping when pump is in stock--