What's new

Are we naive or what?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
What do you mean? Are we naive? My family has been here since the Mayflower. The pilgrims came to this country to avoid persecution for their religious beliefs. We have fought to keep this country free. Now we should discriminate based on religion??? If we do, the Taliban has won.
If you believe this is all about religious discrimination then I believe you are naive. Mosques have been built all over this country without a problem. It is the location that is the problem. Do you doubt that the terrorists and religious Muslim zealots would view this as a symbol of victory? Why have they refused to release where the money has come from? Why not build it in a neighborhood that has a larger Muslim population? Just like hiding in mosques in an attempt to avoid attack in the Middle East, the terrorists are using their religion to mark what they term a victory. If their intentions are as the Muslims publicly involved are as they say, they will find another site or is it possible that if they do so they will lose their terrorist funding?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Ted M had a login problem, so this is his reply:

You and Obama miss the point completely. This debate was not about the "right" to build but rather the common sense sensitivity to this hallowed ground and to the families. Obama changed that in his insensitive speech. If your ancestors came here, killed 3000 Indians and then decided to build a church on the battlefield that would be wrong!!!!! You are as naive as the anointed one.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
My opinion is that this has nothing to do with religion freedom. Its reasonably clear that this religion or a lot of the people within this religion want to force their beliefs on anyone that doesn't believe as them.

We all know that in history a lot of ugliness has been done in the name of "God". Thinking that this could never happen again is naive IMO.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I think you all miss the point. Either this is a free country or it is not. I agree it is in poor taste. I do think that we built Christian churches at the site of many indian slaughters. This is not being built on the World Trade Center site. This is approxiately 6 blocks from the nearest former World Trade Center building. It is two blocks from the nearest corner of the property. I used to take the train to the World Train Center every day. This is pretty far from the buildings. It was the taliban and al-qaeda that blew up the trade center. It was a Christian that blew up the ATF building in Oklahoma City. Do we prohibit churches with 6 blocks of the ATF building in Oklahoma City? It was a Christian that attacked the guard at the Holocaust memorial.

I don't agree with Muslims. I don't agree with building a mosque so close to the former trade center. I do believe that too many people have died to keep this a free country to disgrace their memory by becoming a Taliban like state.

Also, what does the president have to do with zoning. The idea that the President has anything to do with zoning is more fox news propaganda. It's Obama's fault that New York's zoning is the way it is. It's Obama's fault that it rains, he should do something about that. The President simply does not have that power. Thank goodness.

To suggest that the President should make an executive order blatantly discriminating based on religion is the most unamerican thing anyone could do. The people suggesting such a thing would have found a better place in World War II Germany where the president was very receptive to the idea.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Your examples all are about terrible people who happen to be Christians. The world trade center was destroyed by people following their religion--- kill Infidels.

Ted.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I guess if all muslims believed that you should kill all infidels, you would have a point. People in this country are typically prosecuted for their actions, not their beliefs. Should we then outlaw the religion? I can think of one prominent religion in the US that teaches that they should take over the US government and make the US their land. Should we outlaw that one too?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
What Newt Gingrich Has to Say

July 21, 2010 6pm
There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as
there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia. The time for
double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us
while they demand our weakness and submission is over.

The proposed "Cordoba House" overlooking the World Trade Center site –
where a group of jihadists killed over 3000 Americans and destroyed
one of our most famous landmarks - is a test of the timidity,
passivity and historic ignorance of American elites. For example,
most of them don’t understand that “Cordoba House” is a deliberately
insulting term. It refers to Cordoba, Spain – the capital of Muslim
conquerors who symbolized their victory over the Christian Spaniards
by transforming a church there into the world’s third-largest mosque
complex.

Today, some of the Mosque’s backers insist this term is being used to
"symbolize interfaith cooperation" when, in fact, every Islamist in
the world recognizes Cordoba as a symbol of Islamic conquest. It is a
sign of their contempt for Americans and their confidence in our
historic ignorance that they would deliberately insult us this way.
Those Islamists and their apologists who argue for "religious
toleration" are arrogantly dishonest. They ignore the fact that more
than 100 mosques already exist in New York City. Meanwhile, there are
no churches or synagogues in all of Saudi Arabia. In fact no Christian
or Jew can even enter Mecca. And they lecture us about tolerance.

If the people behind the Cordoba House were serious about religious
toleration, they would be imploring the Saudis, as fellow Muslims, to
immediately open up Mecca to all and immediately announce their
intention to allow non-Muslim houses of worship in the Kingdom. They
should be asked by the news media if they would be willing to lead
such a campaign.

We have not been able to rebuild the World Trade Center in nine years.
Now we are being told a 13 story, $100 million megamosque will be
built within a year overlooking the site of the most devastating
surprise attack in American history.

Finally where is the money coming from? The people behind the Cordoba
House refuse to reveal all their funding sources.
America is experiencing an Islamist cultural-political offensive
designed to undermine and destroy our civilization. Sadly, too many of
our elites are the willing apologists for those who would destroy them
if they could.
No mosque.
No self deception.
No surrender.
The time to take a stand is now - at this site on this issue.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Hmm--you may want to slow down and thoughtfully consider my posts--You know I said nothing about outlawing any religion and I said nothing about whether they have a right to build. Simply it is insensitive and morally wrong to build close to the site destroyed in the name of religion--and centered near the homes of the victoms.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
July 21, 2010 6pm
There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as
there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia. The time for
double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us
while they demand our weakness and submission is over.

The proposed "Cordoba House" overlooking the World Trade Center site –
where a group of jihadists killed over 3000 Americans and destroyed
one of our most famous landmarks - is a test of the timidity,
passivity and historic ignorance of American elites. For example,
most of them don’t understand that “Cordoba House” is a deliberately
insulting term. It refers to Cordoba, Spain – the capital of Muslim
conquerors who symbolized their victory over the Christian Spaniards
by transforming a church there into the world’s third-largest mosque
complex.

Today, some of the Mosque’s backers insist this term is being used to
"symbolize interfaith cooperation" when, in fact, every Islamist in
the world recognizes Cordoba as a symbol of Islamic conquest. It is a
sign of their contempt for Americans and their confidence in our
historic ignorance that they would deliberately insult us this way.
Those Islamists and their apologists who argue for "religious
toleration" are arrogantly dishonest. They ignore the fact that more
than 100 mosques already exist in New York City. Meanwhile, there are
no churches or synagogues in all of Saudi Arabia. In fact no Christian
or Jew can even enter Mecca. And they lecture us about tolerance.

If the people behind the Cordoba House were serious about religious
toleration, they would be imploring the Saudis, as fellow Muslims, to
immediately open up Mecca to all and immediately announce their
intention to allow non-Muslim houses of worship in the Kingdom. They
should be asked by the news media if they would be willing to lead
such a campaign.

We have not been able to rebuild the World Trade Center in nine years.
Now we are being told a 13 story, $100 million megamosque will be
built within a year overlooking the site of the most devastating
surprise attack in American history.

Finally where is the money coming from? The people behind the Cordoba
House refuse to reveal all their funding sources.
America is experiencing an Islamist cultural-political offensive
designed to undermine and destroy our civilization. Sadly, too many of
our elites are the willing apologists for those who would destroy them
if they could.
No mosque.
No self deception.
No surrender.
The time to take a stand is now - at this site on this issue.
So, we should beat the oppressive extremist society by becoming more like them? No more double standard? We should be like them? Wow.

MikeV

Reaction score
This whole topic makes my blood boil. If they ( the muslims) are so bent on bridging the gaps of civility between us and them, why are they so intent on building their mosque there instead of somewhere else. They could accomplish the same thing with their mosque anywhere...but there??? Now they complain about the animosity directed at them...well...when you do things that breed discontent and animosity, that's what you should expect in return. To think that this is a good thing or that they have the right to build there is falling into their trap to take over the world. They are playing on our sensitivities to do whats right and know we will fold and let them do anything they damn well please in the name of "whats right". Don't fall for this line of B.S.

mac

Reaction score
Mr. Indiana Wash, You may not be aware of this, but part of one of the planes that hit the towers flew a couple of blocks anf came down through the roof of this building. Before the attack it was valued at around 20 million. After the damage it was devalued to 5 million as a direct hiy from parts of one of the planes. That day the building wa svacant for some reason or people would have been killed there also. This is not a local zoning issue. America was attacked that day. Do a little reading on Sharia law that this Imam wants to have put in place here.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
When a group's sole verbalized purpose is to destroy the West, bending over backwards to "respect their rights" seems a little stupid. When the low life breaks into my house, his civil rights just came to a screeching halt, however in a number of states, you are required to retreat to the farthest part of your house and then if still threaten with eminent death you can harm them.

Saying that "those" people are just a small radical group, might hold a little water if the main stream group, quickly condemned them for their actions, which has never happened anywhere.

I doubt that anyone that bows to the King of Saudi Arabia, is going to be of much value. Smart people would know that by building there is a slap in the face. When people have an agenda nothing else matters.

Another issue that we have brought on ourselves are the gangs in the big cities. Our legal system, just isn't sufficient to deal with this growing problem. Just about as stupid as to bring war combatants into our court system. However, our "everyone is just a misunderstood sweet person" crowd have taken us too far down that path.

In Europe many countries have given up parts of their cities to the Muslims, where the police or the army does not go and they run their own "legal" system. We have these demands right now in a few cities.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
It was a Christian that blew up the ATF building in Oklahoma City. Do we prohibit churches with 6 blocks of the ATF building in Oklahoma City? It was a Christian that attacked the guard at the Holocaust memorial. It was a Christian that blew up the ATF building in Oklahoma City. Do we prohibit churches with 6 blocks of the ATF building in Oklahoma City? It was a Christian that attacked the guard at the Holocaust memorial.

Mr Indiana Wash

How did you determine that a Christian blew up the ATF building in OK. How did you determine a Christian attacked a guard at the Holocaust memorial? Did they do this in the name of Christ? NO!

Please retract this statement!

mac

Reaction score
Mr. Indiana Wash, You may not be aware of this, but part of one of the planes that hit the towers flew a couple of blocks anf came down through the roof of this building. Before the attack it was valued at around 20 million. After the damage it was devalued to 5 million as a direct hiy from parts of one of the planes. That day the building wa svacant for some reason or people would have been killed there also. This is not a local zoning issue. America was attacked that day. Do a little reading on Sharia law that this Imam wants to have put in place here.

mac

Reaction score
Another comforting though for those of you willing to bow to Mecca. From the numbers I've heard ther are between 60 and 100 mosques already in the city limits of New York, one about 10 blocks away. Please do a little research on Sharia law that this Imama wants. Under Sharia it is perfectlt acceptable for a father to kill his daughter if he FEELS that she will amrry outside the religion, or if she has been raped. Isn't that just lovely from the religion of peace. Look on the internet and you will find some gruesome videos of women being stoned to death because they broke Sharia law. The muslims already have Sharia courts in England that are legal to use between two muslims. How come WE have to be so understanding when you can get killed in many parts of the mid east for carrying a bible?

johnny

johnny
Reaction score
the guy that made this video???
does he look like the guy that stabed the cab driver in new york
it was on fox this moring
or am i just getting too old for all this

washnvac

Reaction score
I agree with Bill.

I do not like any muslims I see in my area-- period. Not simply because they are muslim, but because of their actions and demeaner. If I see they own a business, I avoid it. The only thing I would like to do for them is give them a one way ticket out of the U.S.

Anyone that thinks that mosque is a good idea--regardless of reason.....well, I'll say a good Christian prayer for you.