What's new

Are cryptopay swipers weak?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Many times while at the wash customers say: "I swiped my card and nothing happened." I go watch, and they swipe, swipe, swipe, and finally it reads the card.

I used a card to wash my truck yesterday. It took 6 swipes to read the card. 4 for the first card which was never read. Two swipes for the 2nd card when it was finally read.

Anyone else having this problem?

sparkey

Reaction score
Are you sure the magnetic strip on your card is not half worn off? I have had issues in the past with my own credit card having to swipe several times, then I ask for a new card and all is good again.

APW

Reaction score
I have it happen all the time. Some customer's cards wont work at all and they leave. I can swipe my card and it will work every time though. Can't seem to find a rhyme or reason. I've checked some of the cards and they will look brand new and it will still say bad card swipe. I am not sure what it is.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Call crypto pay and have them on the phone and they will have you swipe the card and they can see if the swiper is working. If umder a year its still under warranty.

slash007

Reaction score
I have it happen all the time. Some customer's cards wont work at all and they leave. I can swipe my card and it will work every time though. Can't seem to find a rhyme or reason. I've checked some of the cards and they will look brand new and it will still say bad card swipe. I am not sure what it is.
Exactly what's happened to me. Customer card looks fine, tries in several bays and even different cards but they don't work. I think something is wrong and swipe mine, turns on.

APW

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with how the cards are made. It seems to me the small local bank's cards are the ones that wont work good. My card is a visa card and it works every time.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I rarely have a problem with mine and I don't regularly clean them. Often the problem is the card is over limit.

OurTown

Reaction score
Our experience is exactly what APW is saying. We have a large very dominant credit union in the area and it seems their cards are the worst.

Starrwash

Reaction score
I’ve had the same problem, Cryptopay suggested I replace swiper(3years old). I am having less problems with the new swiper.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I will try the swiper cleaners-- thanks!!

My swipers are not quite a year old yet.