What's new

Arch covers

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with an alternative to an arch cover for PDQ or wash world units? I priced one from wash world and it was like 280 buck for some pool floats.

MEP001

Reaction score
Check 4x4 suppliers. You can get a similar (Might even be the same) material and in colors that they use to pad roll bars and cages.

washallday

Reaction score
For the last six years I have been using Roll Bar padding and cut my own holes in them and they work great.

OurTown

Reaction score
For the last six years I have been using Roll Bar padding and cut my own holes in them and they work great.

Do you use the 36" sections? Does the presoak eat them up in short time?

rhino

Reaction score
We just use foam rubatex . We cut the holes where the nozzles are located and just zip tie around the bar. Over time it will tear and get some chunks knocked out but its cheap. Sorry I can't remember what size we bought.

MGSMN

Reaction score
I've used split pipe insulation from Grainger.com, sometimes two layers. For placing the holes I put the foam on the arm and pressed the foam into nozzles which left an imprint on the inside of the foam. I then either used: a hole saw running reverse to cut the hole, a 3/4" copper pipe coupler fitting and a hammer and 2x4 to punch the hole out or heated a 3/4" copper pipe coupler with a propane torch and used it to melt the hole out. All three of those methods worked well. I then used black cable ties to secure the foam to the arm.

washallday

Reaction score
Yes 3' long from Jegs.com Part # 635-58-232 $5.00 each. They last for several years, I also get the blue zip ties to hold them on.

PEI

Reaction score
We use playground post padding. They come in 8 foot sections and a variety of colors. You can purchase them at a playground supply store or online. It still runs about $120 for a lower and upper arch with ties and pipe insulation, but they have about a 10 year life span, dramatically reduce the amount of ice that forms on the arch, and are easy to keep clean looking.

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
We use playground post padding. They come in 8 foot sections and a variety of colors. You can purchase them at a playground supply store or online. It still runs about $120 for a lower and upper arch with ties and pipe insulation, but they have about a 10 year life span, dramatically reduce the amount of ice that forms on the arch, and are easy to keep clean looking.
Would love some info on this

zachavm

Reaction score
I second the request for information on this. I've been using pool noodles, but they shrink and are not perfect.

PEI

Reaction score
These are pictures of the playground padding installed. Initially I just cut for the nozzles. This is cheaper and easier but will allow the outer padding to slip down occasionally. After seeing the new Razor Edge arch cover, I made one with a piece of 1" tubing. This one locks the padding in place and makes it impossible to scratch a car with the nozzles. It is a little more expensive and a lot harder to make and install.

Attachments

PEI

Reaction score
I forgot to add that the first picture is of an arch cover that is 10 years old.