What's new

Applying total vehicle protectants

sparkey

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with diamond shine's weatherguard product. I am having trouble getting the cars blown dry using this product. It seems to need a pretty good dwell time on the car before you apply spot free and even then I don't get the best results blowing the car dry. I have a touchless automatic and I would like to apply the vehicle sealer and spot free in one pass (the spotfree and weatherguard nozzles are 4feet apart). Getting the car to dry much at all I had to seperate the weatherguard and spotfree into two seperate passes.

Is anyone else applying a vehicle protectant/sealer in one pass and having luck drying the cars? If so what product are you using? Maybe I am just expecting to much from a vehicle protectant, but I was under the assumption that these were also considered drying agents?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
You might be using to much product. More is not always better when it comes to protectants and drying agents.

Reaction score
Are you applying it in a flex pass with the spot free going on in the same pass? Does it bead up good so you can blow it dry?
In the conveyor wash it is put on and then rinsed about 15 ft after. In the IBA it is put on and then rinsed after with HP it beads great and dryes good.
Washmee may be rite if you put to much on it will not bead up good there is a fine line between bead and flat water on the car.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I have been able to apply Rainshield and rinse with RO in less than 4' in one of our tunnels. A good surface protectant will almost dry the car without the dryer!

sparkey

Reaction score
I have been able to apply Rainshield and rinse with RO in less than 4' in one of our tunnels. A good surface protectant will almost dry the car without the dryer!
Who makes Rainshield?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ryko, they will even let you try it for free. Let me know if you would like to try it and I will give you the number of the supplier in your area.