What's new

Appearance improvement ideas

area123

Reaction score
I have a few ideas pictured here (excuse bad photoshop job). The original carwash is just all concrete block covered in the bay wall plastic. We want to take that off and either paint the block or put up some stone veneer. I have pictured some options, all red, half stone with red, and all stone with red trim.

any other ideas for improving appearance are appreciated. We have already greatly improved by just cleaning up the walls and doing other little stuff.

Last edited:

waterway

Reaction score
I have a few ideas pictured here (excuse bad photoshop job). The original carwash is just all concrete block covered in the bay wall plastic. We want to take that off and either paint the block or put up some stone veneer. I have pictured some options, all red, half stone with red, and all stone with red trim.

any other ideas for improving appearance are appreciated. We have already greatly improved by just cleaning up the walls and doing other little stuff.

I would look into epiplastic they can give you materials to cover the whole interior and exterior. I just used it to cover the whole interior of my wash. It looks great and grabs people attention because its so bright. Plus it's made for the car wash environment so it should hold up better over the long term. If you google the epiplastic they have some examples of car washes.

area123

Reaction score
trying to keep it fairly cheap for the time being. I like that epiplastic but I bet it is pricey.

The stone is something I already have. But I don't see it used much on car washes. I have seen it used on a few mainly as an accent like on my 3rd picture. I think it would hold up pretty good, it is a concrete thin stone product. and would mortar right up to the concrete block.

also would like to put up some wider metal fascia, maybe a red color. It would give it more prominence with it's flat roof it is hard to see at all.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Without fascia, the place looks unfinished. Until you can do something about that, I think any improvements you make will be like earrings on a pig. It looks decent enough for what it is. I would just make sure everything works well and keep it as clean and fresh looking as possible without wasting any significant money.

area123

Reaction score
I agree about the fascia. We want to do that too. Just thought about the stone since it's almost a free upgrade. And painting is cheap.

We've been keeping it pretty clean. The toilet bowl cleaner does wonders on the bay walls!

chaz

Reaction score
Inside bays bright white with royal stripe. Outside areas royal with white strip. My wash was white in bays and earth tone with navy stripe on outside. Night and day difference! Been here 8 years and amazing that I've had some ask how long I've been open.

area123

Reaction score
Inside bays bright white with royal stripe. Outside areas royal with white strip. My wash was white in bays and earth tone with navy stripe on outside. Night and day difference! Been here 8 years and amazing that I've had some ask how long I've been open.
Sounds cool! You have any pictures?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
as already mentioned It needs a fascia or a gabled roof. That will change the street appearance more than anything.

if the wall plastic is in good shape just dress it up with pictorial signage

i would also most likely remove the window.

area123

Reaction score
Would you remove window for appearance or safety? It's nice to have light inside and the window has bars on the inside. But it might look better without it too. We thought about putting a neon sign in the window since it is easily seen from the road.

area123

Reaction score
How does one add a photo that is saved on my iPad?
I'm not sure. I had trouble just doing it from my PC. Lol! You could email them to me and I could post. Or there is a way to add as an attachment. It's one of the buttons when you're posting.

MEP001

Reaction score
The easiest way to post a photo is to upload it somewhere first. Facebook is free, just create a public shared album.

area123

Reaction score
Well we are still working on replacing the bay signage and coin box decals. Replaced all the guns and wands and just general cleanup. Seems to have helped a lot. Also added a vac to our vac island. Now we have 2 vacs total. People have commented they are glad to have a second vac.

I made a nice new red and galv metal heavy duty rainproof trash can with a slotted opening to help keep large bags of trash from going in. Also allows me to put a sack inside and just grab the sack out instead of dumping nasty garbage. That is a huge appearance improvement over what was there for garbage cans. Also added a few new led lights to the bays. Will plan to replace them all eventually. Oh and a new patriotic big windless flag car wash sign. We want a real sign eventually but the feather banner helps some for now.

I am currently restoring a big steel vending frame with 4 mechanical vendors inside. That will look great on the property I think.

We plan to strip the outside walls of the plastic and paint the block light blue and then add a galvalume wanescot to the bottom 2' or so. That will match our trash can and vac island. The metal looks good with red trim I think. We will also add a 2' galvalume facade on the roof line with red J trim. It will just give the building a finished appearance.

I'll get some pics uploaded soon. Most of that work will take weeks for months to complete. We don't want to do it too quickly so as not to attract the tax mans attention!!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Would you remove window for appearance or safety? It's nice to have light inside and the window has bars on the inside. But it might look better without it too. We thought about putting a neon sign in the window since it is easily seen from the road.

sorry for the delayed reply. To me the window is a security issue, especially if you have a in the wall changer. but I suppose the bars help with that. Plus, you have to keep your equipment room clean! To me, it looks "residential". A commercial storefront window would look better.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Looks Good real good. I would especially add a in Bay Dryer I have a 10 bay SS and people line up for it all the time. A dryer is very Quick ROI just like a vacuum no chemicals just electricity, especially if theres not one in your area. I have had mine going on 5 years. What kind of equipment and meter boxes do you have. A three bay self serve is very awesome lower overhead and more net profit. Build up your customers give the best Chemicals you can and keep everything working a good change machine with a MARS validator is a must and clean all the time and your business will grow within 3-5 years then you can look at putting in a automatic and you will really jump then if it will support it in your area and how busy you are. Good luck keep it up.

Last edited: