What's new

Anyone using the Hamilton App?

Roz

Reaction score
Anyone using the Hamilton App with monthly plans?

We have been experiencing some sort of bug that has prevented many of our plan holders from using their washes. Our GL has the latest OS and Hamilton tech guys are stumped for months. Anyone have the same issue as I am Hopi g they can get more data besides our log files to review. Other features of the app have been fine, but monthly has been a nightmare. We have more than 800 customers with our app but only 10 monthly subscribers. At least they are buying washes via the app. Totally frustrated.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Anyone using the Hamilton App with monthly plans?

We have been experiencing some sort of bug that has prevented many of our plan holders from using their washes. Our GL has the latest OS and Hamilton tech guys are stumped for months. Anyone have the same issue as I am Hopi g they can get more data besides our log files to review. Other features of the app have been fine, but monthly has been a nightmare. We have more than 800 customers with our app but only 10 monthly subscribers. At least they are buying washes via the app. Totally frustrated.
I meant to get back to you sooner
But the day after you posted this I got my email from Hamilton stating that my APP had gone thru the update and sent to the APP stores.
The update was required due to changes the Google/Apple had made to email and app systems.
( wash World is dealing with same issue on older units communicating codes to owners)
My APP is working much much better after the update
Did you get your situation straightened out?

Roz

Reaction score
What did they do for you?

I have not heard from Hamilton about the change but will ask them on Monday. We are still not happy customers but will see if the update is significant enough to make things stable.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Did you get notified from Hamilton in June about the need for an update?

its not a free update unfortunately.

-my push notifications are working better

-Anyone with a droid phone is working again

- The points issue that I brought to there attention seems to have been resolved

I m anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new web based app that they were demonstrating in Vegas
I was told last week that they have it on a test site

Roz

Reaction score
Did you get notified from Hamilton in June about the need for an update?

its not a free update unfortunately.

-my push notifications are working better

-Anyone with a droid phone is working again

- The points issue that I brought to there attention seems to have been resolved

I m anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new web based app that they were demonstrating in Vegas
I was told last week that they have it on a test site
No notice. I like Hamilton Paystation for its simplicity and their tech people are great if the issue is a known problem or a local configuration problem. I find them lack g in customer support when I compare them to ICS. I pay Hamilton twice the amount paid to ICS to get less functionality and support when there is an issue. Just a bit frustrated at times as I seem to be able find their bugs.

We have over 800 plus people who have downloaded our app which is supposedly a solid number but a much smaller fraction that use it. I create discounts and promotions on a regular basis yet Hamilton thinks the lack of traction is due to the owner. They are quick to make that determination but the reality is when the app does not work customers talk to one another especially if the issues never get resolved. While I am not a fan of all the consolidation in the carwash industry I would support someone buying them if it meant that the product would become a solid performer. As a basic Paystation (no app) it works great and is fairly buLletproof.

Strava

Reaction score
No notice. I like Hamilton Paystation for its simplicity and their tech people are great if the issue is a known problem or a local configuration problem. I find them lack g in customer support when I compare them to ICS. I pay Hamilton twice the amount paid to ICS to get less functionality and support when there is an issue. Just a bit frustrated at times as I seem to be able find their bugs.

We have over 800 plus people who have downloaded our app which is supposedly a solid number but a much smaller fraction that use it. I create discounts and promotions on a regular basis yet Hamilton thinks the lack of traction is due to the owner. They are quick to make that determination but the reality is when the app does not work customers talk to one another especially if the issues never get resolved. While I am not a fan of all the consolidation in the carwash industry I would support someone buying them if it meant that the product would become a solid performer. As a basic Paystation (no app) it works great and is fairly buLletproof.
I'm looking into getting a Hamilton Commander and I'm doing my due diligence. Have you seen any improvement in the functionality of the app?

Roz

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a Hamilton Commander and I'm doing my due diligence. Have you seen any improvement in the functionality of the app?
No change and no indication that anything will change. That being said I would not base a commander purchase decision solely on the app. Depends on the features of a Paystation you seek, but I am sure you are doing so since conducting research. Good luck.

ShinePro

Reaction score
My app is working better.
Usage is increasing now that I got updated in July.
Looking forward to the new things that are coming at some point.
Commander is a good unit!

Strava

Reaction score
Two questions if you don't mind. It's my understanding that one of the main differences between a Dencar and a Hamilton Commander is that the Commander will sell batches of codes that can be redeemed for use on any car vs. the Dencar can only be used with the single car associated with that account. Is that correct? Both pay stations allow you to sign customers up at the pay station right?

ShinePro

Reaction score
Two questions if you don't mind. It's my understanding that one of the main differences between a Dencar and a Hamilton Commander is that the Commander will sell batches of codes that can be redeemed for use on any car vs. the Dencar can only be used with the single car associated with that account. Is that correct? Both pay stations allow you to sign customers up at the pay station right?
Yes
The Hamilton system (app) sells bundles/ codes that can be used with any car.
But - they buy those bundles/special codes on their phone/ipad/droid etc
Not at the paystation
You can have a Goldline paystation and do the same thing
( I have a Commander at my main site and a Goldline at my new smaller site)
Same app works at either wash
I know nothing about Dencar!

Blanco

Reaction score
Yes
The Hamilton system (app) sells bundles/ codes that can be used with any car.
But - they buy those bundles/special codes on their phone/ipad/droid etc
Not at the paystation
You can definitely sell bundles at the pay station. I do it with all my Hamiltons whether its my HTK's or Commanders. Not with goldline though. You have to go through the app.

Last edited:

ShinePro

Reaction score
You can definitely sell bundles at the pay station. I do it with all my Hamiltons whether its my HTK's or Commanders. Not with goldline though. You have to go through the app.
Ok
Thanks - I thought you could on the Commander
I just have never done that.

HeyVern

Reaction score
On the Dencar, you can set codes for pretty much anything you want. You can make them visible on the playstation or the app or both.

Roz

Reaction score
Any idea what software was recently updated for the app? What version is the latest? Was the app updated or some Hamilton controller software or something in the DAN system?