What's new

Anyone using Paraplate guns?

Reaction score
I have been using Giant guns forever and they work fine but the knuckle guard on the handles get broken a lot from people dropping them in the wand holders. I see that Paraplate guns have the water fed in front of the trigger rather than behind so I believe that would eliminate the issue. So does anyone have any opinions on the Paraplate guns?

Timmb

Reaction score
The only gun I have used for 28 years. I like them. GUP106 is the KR #

Randy

Reaction score
I've never liked the Paraplate gun, they seem cumbersome to me. We use the Suttner ST-1500 Weep Gun, I've never had one break at the knuckle guard.

BBE

Reaction score
The only gun I have used for 28 years. I like them. GUP106 is the KR #
Seems like the quality has gone downhill in the last few years to me. We've used them for 20 plus years too, and within the last couple of years, they start to leak out of the handle after only a few months and need to change the o ring inside of them. Sometimes they are stuck on high pressure brand new out of the box too and have to be adjusted.

Have you experienced the same?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never purchased and used the Paraplate guns, but I've used them at a car wash, and I don't like the weight in front of the trigger. It's uncomfortable, maybe because of my arthritis and carpal tunnel, but I couldn't hold it for more than a couple minutes.

I like the more comfortable grip of the Giant 21295 gun and I've had no troubles with them breaking, but I have seen and heard about it from others.

The JE Adams aren't quite as comfortable but it's a more soft type of plastic and nearly unbreakable.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Been using the Paraplate for 35 years. I like the front feed. I feel it helps to balance the gun in your hand. We use 1/4" high pressure hose which helps with the balance also. However, like BBE stated...they don't build build them like they used to.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I also use the paraplate guns, over 20 years. They dont require a much in the way of repairs or adjustments. I havent noticed a change in quality. I've experimented a few other brands over the years, but I like the grip angle and the balance especially along with the flexible wands.
I also use 1/4" HP hose, that was a very worthwhile change (from 3/8 many years ago) in terms of the comfort of using the gun/wand.

This makes me want to experiment with the comfort of different grips, sort of like an EDC. But then everybody's hands are a little different, so I probably couldnt make all customers happy anyway.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I changed from the Paraplates long ago. I didn't think it had a very comfortable grip and the front entry and a flexible wand made it front-heavy. I bought about a dozen Giant guns, which were the biggest pieces of $h!+ I've ever seen. About half were stuck full on when brand new and the rest failed soon after. I don't think any of them lasted long enough to break from the wand holder. I then switched to the Suttner per Randy's advice and have been using them ever since.

Rudy

Reaction score
Been using the Paraplate for 25+ years. I find them pretty reliable.

The bigger issue....why do customers lay them on the ground and drive over them???

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use the Giant 21295. IB must have gotten a bad batch, They are usually so cosmetically beat up that I replace them before they break or leak.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
+1 for the Suttner st-1500. Can't remember the last time I changed one out. And no I don't have alzheimers....Yet!