What's new

Anyone use brass reusable fittings on your pumps?

SoCalRainTunnel

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of replacing these old reusable brass 1/2" female fittings that screw into a 1/2" male fitting which is used on all of our inlet water valves on our cat pumps. I have searched and reached out to a number of local and online hose/hydraulic fitting sites with no luck and can only find similar fittings made in steel.

Does anyone use these brass fittings? If so can you post the link where you buy them? Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

IMG_20200909_165222.jpg

mac

Reaction score
Have never seen those in brass. Most hose places carry the regular steel ones which last 8 to 10 years.

MEP001

Reaction score
You don't need anything so heavy on your pump inlets. I use flare barbs and flare-to-MPT on plain 1/2" polybraid hose for the supply from the tank, I don't even put hose clamps on them because there's no pressure. If there is pressure like on the line from the rinse solenoid, I use push-lock hose. It's cheap and can all be assembled by hand.

SoCalRainTunnel

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback everyone, I found exactly what I needed thanks to your help

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback everyone, I found exactly what I needed thanks to your help
FWIW since you mentioned "inlet" ... if it is gravity feed ... introduction of air from an inlet quick disconnect or whatever inlet fitting is something to consider.

Last edited: