What's new

Anyone Install a conversion for a vacuum to Air Machine & Tire Shine ???

Bandit

Reaction score
Anyone tried this ? Experiences? You install inside a vacuum.

Product Description
• Convert your “little used vacuum” to make more money
• Includes: Thomas Compressor and pumping system, decals, air hose and
gauge, Tire shine hose/gun, cover for vacuum outlet and hose brackets.
• Use existing vacuum timer
• 110v AC power
• Installation approx one (1) hour.

1617848656507.png

soapy

Reaction score
I have installed one of the tire shine machines and then I made 3 tire shine conversions my self for other locations. It is pretty easy conversion and you use your existing coin mech and timer. I modified the hose setup to use a coiled hose and mini boom so the hose was not get dragged around on the ground when using it. Sales results of the tire shine have just been so so.

Bandit

Reaction score
Thank you so much, yes it looks easy. Just wondering if the air pump feature and such worked well. Thank you for comments.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a friend who added an air kit to one his existing vacuums. After he replaced the hose a half a dozen times, they would steal the hose and air chuck, he didn’t it wasn’t a good ROI and took it out.

Bandit

Reaction score
I have a friend who added an air kit to one his existing vacuums. After he replaced the hose a half a dozen times, they would steal the hose and air chuck, he didn’t it wasn’t a good ROI and took it out.
Thanks, yes stealing hose always an issue. Damn we have been lucky we have only had maybe 5 various hoses stolen over 4 years at our wash. Thanks for input.

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks, yes stealing hose always an issue. Damn we have been lucky we have only had maybe 5 various hoses stolen over 4 years at our wash. Thanks for input.
5 hoses in 4 years, I'd have to say your pretty lucky. We lose 4 hoses a month.

OurTown

Reaction score
We put in a combo vac about a year ago with a tire inflator as one of the functions. I was concerned about someone cutting the air line to take the $40 air chuck so I had a 1/4" single braid hydraulic hose made. It could actually be unscrewed from it but nobody has taken it or tried to cut the line. In almost four years nobody has cut or stolen anything from our wash. (yes, I am knocking on wood right now)

MEP001

Reaction score
Put red Loctite on the threads and they won't be able to unscrew it to steal it. Of course you'll have to cut the hose and crimp on a new fitting if you need to replace the chuck. This is probably why none of the air machines I've seen have a chuck with a gauge, they just have a $2 tire fill fitting.

OurTown

Reaction score
Put red Loctite on the threads and they won't be able to unscrew it to steal it. Of course you'll have to cut the hose and crimp on a new fitting if you need to replace the chuck. This is probably why none of the air machines I've seen have a chuck with a gauge, they just have a $2 tire fill fitting.

I was thinking about the red loc-tite when I installed it but just didn't do it. Why couldn't I just heat it up and unscrew it?