What's new

Anyone have a tire shiner they really like?

EcoXpress

Reaction score
Hello all,

We currently have one of the "flip out pad" style tire shiners. We're constantly battling with it smudging rims. I know a lot of people are switching over to the spinning brush type. Anyone have any experience with a system they're really happy with?

Thanks,
Max

MC3033

Reaction score
Really like the Sonny’s system. The motor city is good as well but has a very tall brush. It is great if you have a lot of truck volume but also can get on lower rockers/wheels of smaller cars.

The rest of the rotating brush systems all seem fairly equal to me.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Bought a Viper shine and then bought 3 more. Cons - 50 cents per application. Pro, Less expensive unit to buy, install and maintain. No moving parts means little maintenance / headaches.

EcoXpress

Reaction score
That's great feedback guys, thanks a lot!
MC: our entire wash is Motor City, so that was where I was going to start. Really appreciate the insight about the tall brush.
Earl: I haven't looked into the Viper yet, thanks for the video!

jfmoran

Reaction score
* Full Disclosure- I work for Sonny's

Prior to selling equipment I managed and operated both moderate and high volume tunnels for several years with Sonny's Tire Seal and a couple of other equipment brands. I will take the simplicity of design, operation and consistency of the Sonny's unit any day over anything else on the market.

rat8fied

Reaction score
Awesome tire shiners are very effective . They use a 8" x 104" lg rotating brush. The design is very simple to work on.
Awesome is the only type that has a patent on a lower catch pan. This allows the tire shiner dressing to be replenshed on the brush, thus their machine can use as little as 1.5 oz of product. Istobal manufactures the unit for in bay automatics and Performance wash systems manufactures the tunnel unit. Both companies manufacture under royality from Awesome fabricating in Bowling green.

OurTown

Reaction score
Awesome tire shiners are very effective . They use a 8" x 104" lg rotating brush. The design is very simple to work on.
Awesome is the only type that has a patent on a lower catch pan. This allows the tire shiner dressing to be replenshed on the brush, thus their machine can use as little as 1.5 oz of product. Istobal manufactures the unit for in bay automatics and Performance wash systems manufactures the tunnel unit. Both companies manufacture under royality from Awesome fabricating in Bowling green.

Can the Istobal shiner be positioned to shine a dually truck and a Smart car? Are you associated with Istobal? First post after 7 years? Dang.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Great thread.
Any news on the Awesome TireShiners, by Performance?
Any new great Tire Shine units came out in past 3yrs?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anybody got any Tire Shine advice?
I can't find anywhere to buy the Istobal awesome Tire Shine equipment...

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I pulled mine out. I fought that thing for several years. Did a crappy job no matter what. It was doing more harm than good as many regular customers were complaining. Customers with large tires were complaining about not getting 100% coverage, and customers with low profile tires complained about getting chemical all over their wheels. I finally took it out and didn't get a single complaint it no longer being available.

Etowah

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
[QUOTE="soonermajic
I can't find anywhere to buy the Istobal awesome Tire Shine equipment...

Maybe Istobal?