What's new

Anyone have a remote shut off

Damoni88

Reaction score
I'm so sick of truck bed washing, blowing paint everywhere. I want to add a remote shut off that I can disable the functions and announce your bay has been disabled due to unauthorized wash activity. Is there such a thing out there? I have ginsan push button doors with dixmor led 6 timers.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Dixmor time can be cleared by holding the coin signal closed for two seconds. Someone has posted about a remote system that can do the rest.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I am searching key words and can't seem to find it. I have seen it on here before cause that's where I got the idea. Can you pm me

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know what it was either, nor did I look into it or save the link. I just mentioned it so whoever originally brought it up might see this and speak up.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I have no experience with this. You can likely do what you want with some of these devices.

chaz

Reaction score
If you are gonna be watching cameras all the time so you can shut off a bay...you may as well be on location. At least then you can help facilitate more washes....like encouraging folks to pull out if timer is not running and others are waiting.....etc

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
All we go to do I break a leg on the 24v power side correct

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not the most elegant solution, but you could use a smarthome system. I use Samsung smarthings at one wash with two outlets to power my wash selects IIs on and off. They have worked great now for a couple of years. They have a standard household plug so I just took a male and female receptacle and installed inline to the Wash selects so that I could insert the outlet. In your situation you would need the outlets connected to a relay with a 110V coil. When you turn the outlet off it would cut the timed output. Or, you could wire into the coin circuit. You can also get various other sensors such as water detectors, contact sensors, etc.

MEP001

Reaction score
All we go to do I break a leg on the 24v power side correct
To stop a CC transaction, yes. Most timers will also clear time on power loss, but Dixmor saves it. The only way to clear it remotely is to hold the coin circuit closed.

washnvac

Reaction score
I use this product from control by web for a 4 bay s/s location. I have GinSan timers, so I am just pulse closing across the #2 and #3 terminals, which shorts the timer out and shuts bay off. I use this for a different reason--I have a 30 minute for one price set up with loops in the floors. Occasionally the scum bags will pull sideways just outside the pad to wash. When they get soap all over it, then I will shut them off. Unit works flawlessly. Basic router type set up knowledge is all you need to get it going. You can operate it from anywhere.

WebRelay-Quad 4 Web-Controlled Relays
WebRelay-Quad™ | 4 Web-Controlled Relays
Part number(s): X-WR-4R3-I, X-WR-4R3-E
OUTPUTS
Relays: 4
Current: 3A 28VAC, 24VDC
INPUTS
-
FEATURES
-
PROTOCOLS
HTTP, XML, Modbus TCP/IP