What's new

Anyone have a PDQ Tandem?...

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
There is one in town and I have used it a few times. I was pretty impressed. If I was going with friction, that would be the machine.

Lighthouse

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I wish somebody would make a video of it at their wash like you see on you-tube it gives a better perspective of it in the real world instead of an engineering bay, I like the concept of the open bay and simplicity of it, but on busy days I don't see this system outperforming my Soft-Gloss XS

Ceverett

Fixer Of Things
Reaction score
Once again I will add my biased opinion, All the machines we have in service run like a raped ape. Fast clean cars, if you're considering purchasing one it might be worth it to make a weekend trip to an area with a high number of them (pm me if you want some info)

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Once again I will add my biased opinion, All the machines we have in service run like a raped ape. Fast clean cars, if you're considering purchasing one it might be worth it to make a weekend trip to an area with a high number of them (pm me if you want some info)
You have Tandem's?

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
PDQ Tandem real world video

I shot this video of a PDQ Tandem washing my truck. This carwash had a Tandem and a G-5 side by side. I got the best wash in each one. The cycle times were almost identical...just under 7 min.

Click here for the video http://www.vimeo.com/16048264

briteauto

Reaction score
Seems like a great design - separating the side and top washer on two bridges. I wonder why they didn't go with two side washers, so the sides could then be cleaned simultaneously and save time. Coverage on the front and back could be just as good if they were programmed for an overlap, like many machines are.

Seven minutes seems too long for a friction wash - even the top package, but I guess and off-board dryer would cut that down a bit.

Still - a good looking machine.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I shot this video of a PDQ Tandem washing my truck. This carwash had a Tandem and a G-5 side by side. I got the best wash in each one. The cycle times were almost identical...just under 7 min.

Click here for the video http://www.vimeo.com/16048264
I know I'm bumping up a thread thats a couple months old, but I just watched the video since I'm considering this machine.

Ric, do you have any idea how wide that bay was? It looks kind of narrow. Similar to the bay I'm planning to convert.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I know I'm bumping up a thread thats a couple months old, but I just watched the video since I'm considering this machine.

Ric, do you have any idea how wide that bay was? It looks kind of narrow. Similar to the bay I'm planning to convert.
I'm pretty sure it was 16' wide. A PDQ regional sales manager lived nearby, he and the owner were very helpful. I can pm you their contact info if you would like.

dreese

dreese
Reaction score
The Tandem can be installed in a wash bay as narrow as 13'-6" and will still wash any production vehicle in the North American market. When it is installed in a bay width 14'-6" (4.41M) or less, the Tandem’s side brush will typically contact the bay walls while washing wider vehicles. Recommended width is 16'.

southwash

Reaction score
HELP ! PDQ TANDEM, Do You Have One ?

Does anybody have a PDQ Tandem or know someone who does ? What have you heard about it ? Please let me know as I am considering one. Thanks !

southwash

Reaction score
Does anybody have a PDQ Tandem or know someone who does ? What have you heard about it ? Please let me know as I am considering one. Thanks !

Mike

Reaction score
There have been several threads on this forum about our Tandem, do a serch and you should find a few different threads.:)

PDQ Manufacturing

Car Wash Manufacturer
Reaction score
If you are located in Charolette, NC, there are a few Tandem's installed nearby that you might be able to see. Your best bet would be to contact our distributor in that area, Carolina Pride.

Carolina Pride
417 S. Madison Blvd.
Roxboro, NC 27573
TF: 1-800-421-5119
P: 336-597-5112
www.carolinapridecarwash.com