What's new

Anyone had this problem with American Changer?

Faceonglass

Reaction score
Occasionally it will short the payout by 1 coin. This can happen with any bill range from $1 - $20. It will come out 1 coin short.

I have cleaned the hopper and switched hoppers with my other change machine. It still happens.

There is never an error code.

Any ideas?

Randy

Reaction score
Since you switched Hopper around and you?re still having the same problem you?ve eliminated the Hopper as the problem. I think I?d look at the harness to the Hopper and then the control board.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I am having the same problem but it sometimes pays out a couple of quarters to much other times it will short the customer by .25 to .75 cents. We had it at another wash we have and called American service and they walked us thru changing some settings on the board and then move the cable to a second position. I am going to have to call them back since I don't remember what switches they had me change....

bmills

Reaction score
Hopper short and long change

I too have had this problem and found this issue. If its a 1005 changer you may find that the hopper is gradually changing position on its base and the coins are coming out properly but not making it to the coin tray on the outside. Frequently they will land on the diverter rail at an odd angle and either fall inside the changer box, (see if you have loose coins on the bottom of the box, by pulling out the hopper, make sure to look under the hopper mounting plate), and the coins could actually remain on the diverter plate and therefore fall out with the next vend. This would account for the overpay on occasions.

I fixed the issue by mounting an angle iron, (90%), on the wall of the changer box on the inside with one of the arms of the angle iron pushed up tight against the hopper thereby keeping it in tight against the electrical connection and square with the front face plate of the base.

Just a thought.

Good luck.