What's new

Anyone added a friction iba next to their touchless iba?

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
What results did you see in terms of volume, customer satisfaction, etc. Have damage claims with the friction unit been an issue?

captain cw

Reaction score
I've never seen the friction not do at least twice the volume of the touch-free when side by side. If you have the room, money and potential volume, it's a very good idea. I can only speak for the Ryko softgloss as far as damage goes it has been very reliable. I own a softgloss and a touch-free. I do three times the volume of the touch-free with my softgloss and have about the same amount of damage complaints between the two, which is to say very few and mostly all bogus. If you are in a cold environment, you will need automatic doors for the friction wash. I recommend off board arches, dryer and tire shiner for fast throughput and higher ticket prices. Good luck.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Ideally if there is ever a bank that will loan the money, that is how I would like to set up my site.

Ric - Any specific unit you are looking at?

DavidM

Reaction score
We added friction several years ago. I would do it again. Customers have responded slowly but well and volume is still growing.
Damage claims have been very minimal.

David

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
At every side by side site we service, the Softgloss will out sell the touch less 2 to 1. Five years ago we replaced 8 touch less washes for the biggest Shell dealer in Michigan. Every site saw a huge increase in sales. Many of the locations were in small towns. Another Shell dealer (just West of the thumb) replaced one of their PDQ's with a Softgloss on the advice of the other dealer and they saw an immediate increase in sales. The cost to operate a Softgloss is dramatically lower than any touchless even with Rainshield and tri foam detergents options.