What's new

Anybody using a Barrier Gate for their IBA with a Hamilton ACW paystation?

Keno

Reaction score
We are about to replace our damaged touch free IBA - was damaged by a non-customer driving through the bay and hitting the machine. Would like to put a gate in front similar to a tunnel wash that opens once a wash is paid for to hopefully prevent a future incident. We had people driving through often and fast to get out of our lot. Anyone done this with an ACW4? Or know what it would take? Best practices?

Blanco

Reaction score
Ive done this for a few people. One wash I used the entrance door open/close outputs to send signal and control the gate. Another wash I used the drive forward and stop light outputs to control the gate.

Keno

Reaction score
Ive done this for a few people. One wash I used the entrance door open/close outputs to send signal and control the gate. Another wash I used the drive forward and stop light outputs to control the gate.
This unit doesn't have door controls, it was an add on module that wasn't purchsed when new. I was thinking about using the wash trigger and stop light with a 5 sec delay to make sure they are on the treadle and don't need to shift around. How did you get around the drive forward light turning on at the end of the wash - wouldn't that open the gate also, and not close it without the stop output?

Blanco

Reaction score
You're right and I completely forgot until you mentioned. I should have went into more detail. The drive forward light I hooked it up to was an entrance drive forward light not a in bay one. It was easier for me than to wire four relays for the vends. You may have to do that if you dont have that option.

Keno

Reaction score
Will probably try the wash trigger and stop light and adjust from there as needed. Would a ground loop or photo eyes be needed in a setup like this as redundancy safety? My thought is that there is no chance of a car being under the bar if it's on the treadle, but I maybe overlooking something?

Etowah