What's new

Any value in an old PDQ 4000?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm considering purchasing a car wash that is shut down and it has two old lasers, probably around 2002-2004 mfg date. They have blowers, trifoam, and gatlin gunners. The wash shut down around two years ago. I know NOTHING about PDQ lasers as inverted Ls are not popular at all in the area. I have heard of some companies that buy and rebuild them. Are there any value in these? Anyone care to give me a ballpark value?

Thanks!

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Greg anywhere from 3k-10k depending on the main options like virtual treadle, stainless rails, heat & weep and if they had stainless bridges I doubt it being those years would be worth more. What kind of controller matters too like the A5000 is the one to have and what software version. I would be interested in any parts for sale lol

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
The condition of the bridge makes the biggest difference in what they're worth. They're steel and are usually rusted through after 10 years.

There was a local guy that was selling "refurbished" Lasers, but all he was doing was cleaning the covers and spray-painting the bridges with black Krylon. A few were so bad he had a welder replace the square tube at the bottom so it looked good, took him about 15 minutes per machine. He was paying between $2,000 and $3,000 for them and reselling them for at least $30,000.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Greg if there in good shape & you are buying the place get em up and running if there not hacked up to bad and clean. They will actually out clean a touchfree gantry system any day bc in my theory they size the car much better. Put some quest online and you might become a laserwash guy (I know you said you run quest & blendco both are great) Post some pictures. When there running there very reliable machines sounds like it would set you apart from the normal in your area. Good luck man. Thomas

soonermajic

Reaction score
The condition of the bridge makes the biggest difference in what they're worth. They're steel and are usually rusted through after 10 years.

There was a local guy that was selling "refurbished" Lasers, but all he was doing was cleaning the covers and spray-painting the bridges with black Krylon. A few were so bad he had a welder replace the square tube at the bottom so it looked good, took him about 15 minutes per machine. He was paying between $2,000 and $3,000 for them and reselling them for at least $30,000.
who was that local guy? Text me if u want.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Greg if there in good shape & you are buying the place get em up and running if there not hacked up to bad and clean. They will actually out clean a touchfree gantry system any day bc in my theory they size the car much better. Put some quest online and you might become a laserwash guy (I know you said you run quest & blendco both are great) Post some pictures. When there running there very reliable machines sounds like it would set you apart from the normal in your area. Good luck man. Thomas
I gotta agree with Thomas on this one. Get the best 1 running, & use other for parts. LaserWash is a dang good touchless, if it is running correctly