What's new

Any Simplisafe alarm users try door sensors in your meter boxes?

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my meter box doors stolen, so I was thinking to add door sensors in them for my simplisafe system. I wonder if their wifi signal is strong enough to make it from the bays to the alarm base in the room. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks! John

Martins

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my meter box doors stolen, so I was thinking to add door sensors in them for my simplisafe system. I wonder if their wifi signal is strong enough to make it from the bays to the alarm base in the room. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks! John
We use it at our repair facility which is about 6,000 sqft 10 bays and emergency doors on each end. With the base in the middle of the shop it picks up all the sensors just fine. I will be adding a simpli safe system to my wash as soon as i get internet there. My recommendation is get 2-4 out side sirens (all AA) Or one in each bay so when it trips its loud!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm assuming these sensors are wireless, so the alarm won't go off until the door is completely open. I've been planning to add switches and shock sensors to mine, which I will do wired.

Martins

Reaction score
I'm assuming these sensors are wireless, so the alarm won't go off until the door is completely open. I've been planning to add switches and shock sensors to mine, which I will do wired.
Yes they are. They work well. Batteries last a long time as well. Nice thing about wireless is very easy to add where u want whenever u want.

Attachments