What's new

Any ideas on diagnosing non-working triple foam in Washworld Razor?

cityview

Reaction score
I liked washworld because of their supposedly "great support" but I haven't been able to get ahold of them in over a month. I keep calling and leave messages, and never hear back :( They used to be wonderful. I called them 4 times yesterday alone... no pickups and no call backs :(

In the mean time though, I have a more pressing issue. My triple foam isn't working and people keep complaining. I don't see any troubleshooting for triple foam in the manual like I do for everything else, and therefore I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't figure out how to test the triple foam without running a full wash and trying to catch the 10 seconds of time the triple foam is active... So I'm having a hard time diagnosing it.

I seem to have a tiny bit dripping out of the triplefoam sprays, but when I say a tiny bit I mean like I can see a drip but I don't see anything actually coming out. The only thing I can think of is that the actuator might not be working, but shouldn't that throw an error in the razor?

Everything else is working perfectly fine. No circuits are blown, and no errors on the razor.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did the machine come with a manual? You need to turn foam on and off manually.

Then you start at one end and go to the other end.

First check chemical level. Then check foot valve. Then be sure line is clear from foot valve to injector, then test injector. Is pump coming on? ....ETC. on down the line. This is "Troubleshooting 101."

cityview

Reaction score
Did the machine come with a manual? You need to turn foam on and off manually.

Then you start at one end and go to the other end.

First check chemical level. Then check foot valve. Then be sure line is clear from foot valve to injector, then test injector. Is pump coming on? ....ETC. on down the line. This is "Troubleshooting 101."
Thanks!

There is a manual, but the triple foam was an add-on option, and it is is a separate section and is literally 2 pages... no troubleshooting steps or details. Everything else is documented to a "T". really weird.

Chemical level is good. There are THREE foot valves and injectors and so that rules out foot valves and injectors for them all to fail at once.

Looks like its using the same main pump as everything else, which is working, so that would suggest the only thing it could be is the valve. It should throw an error if the valve isn't opening, but I guess it makes sense to order a new one just in case and try swapping that in. There isn't really a way to test those is there? I guess that is the next step.

Didn't know if there were any other failure points, but I don't think there ARE any other points. The only thing that confuses me is they DO weep in winter, so I have no idea how to guess where the weep water injects into them. Must be somewhere at the Razor point. I don't see any other merge point between the valve and the razor itself.

Unless anyone else throws anything else out, I'll order a new valve on Monday and hope that fixes it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Here is a video on how to test the Tri Foam on a Razor:

Also, check to be sure Relay # CR1110 is Lighting up in the control cabinet that is for the Tri Foam Valve as seen below.

Attachments

Last edited:

cityview

Reaction score
Here is a video on how to test the Tri Foam on a Razor:

Also, check to be sure Relay # CR1110 is Lighting up in the control cabinet that is for the Tri Foam Valve as seen below.
That is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Your LP pump should be the one used for your Tri Foam. If you are putting out chemical on your LP passes but nothing on Tri Foam then I would check your injectors, danfoss valves and your solenoid. Also check your air regulator.

Eric H

Reaction score
Is the media in the puck applicator compacted or clogged ? I was having an issue with my yellow foam last summer and I found that chemical had gummed up on the foaming media and then the pressure had compressed it to the point that very little chemical was getting through. I took the media out of the foamer, cleaned it and reinstalled. Everything looked great after that!

cityview

Reaction score
I went through all the testing today. I'm getting more than a tiny drip when I run the tri-foam as a test, but not when the full wash is running.

I'm at 148ish PSI on the LP. Makes me wonder if thats the issue, as on other video shows almost 160, but is 10 PSI enough to be the issue?

Could it be an issue with the balanced pressure regulator? I could go replace that if it could be the cause before I call someone to investigate the pump.

Pump has about 11000 washes on it, so I'm hard pressed it would be failing...

Any other ideas before I go that route or call out the pros? (which are all of an 8 hour drive away...)

bobcat9095

Reaction score
148 psi should be getting more than a drip. Check your air and have you made sure it's not injectors or danfosses?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
How about the other products such as LP1 and LP2 are they working ok, because the 3/8" supply line coming into the brass tee before the low pressure regulator can get corroded and majorly effect the flow to the solenoids.

cityview

Reaction score
148 psi should be getting more than a drip. Check your air and have you made sure it's not injectors or danfosses?
80 PSI on air, which is whereits always been. I can check the injectors, just odds of all 3 going bad at the same time seems about 0. Seems to work OK as long as its JUST the triple foam on. Its when the whole car wash is on that it drips. Whats a danfoss? I googled it and still don't know.

How about the other products such as LP1 and LP2 are they working ok, because the 3/8" supply line coming into the brass tee before the low pressure regulator can get corroded and majorly effect the flow to the solenoids.
Everything is working fine when you run the wash. The triple foam is running fine when its run alone. Triple foam is only a problem when the whole wash is running.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Check your wash packages programming that includes tri-foam to be sure it's set up properly as seen in this picture just checking to see if the FWD, REV directions are correct, the Tri Foam air is supposed to be between 30-40 psi as stated in the owner manual. If you manually tested the tri-foam and it works in the bay but not on an actual wash then that would steer me to a potential programming issue I could be wrong but it's worth checking out. If you can make a video of this and post it here or send it to me to post it would help troubleshoot this better.

Attachments

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Sorry I thought you meant there was no tri foam when you manually tested as well. Sounds like a programming issue if it only doesn’t work during a wash cycle.

The danfoss valves are your solenoid valves that your injectors are attached to. Yours may be a Dema solenoid valve. Not sure what the new Razors use. You should have one that runs your 3 tri foam injectors. Keep us updated. We all learn from other people’s issues!

I’m surprised you haven’t been able to talk to tech support. I have never had issues getting a hold of a tech even on the weekend.

Last edited:

cityview

Reaction score
Cleaned foot valves, injectors, and solenoid. Pressure rose to 152 (200 for all other lp cycles)

Triple foam seems to have improved, but still not good enough. That is making me think there may be a restriction of some point around the solenoid. I think I'm going to go ahead and order a new solenoid. I hate to hastily order parts when the existing part appears to be working, but it's worth a shot at this point since cleaning everything seemed to help a little bit.

2 minute Mark is where the triple foam kicks in. Still not enough pressure but better than the drip...

Thanks for the thoughts and troubleshooting. I'll try to see if I can reach wash world during my lunch hour since I've had no luck with their after hours support. I work an hour and a half from my wash though, so I never call during work since I can't be on site to diagnose anything.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Yes. You are getting some tri foam so there must be a restriction. Change your solenoid valve and I bet your problem is solved. I'd order more than one to keep on hand. It should be the same part that runs all of your chemical and they will fail at some point as well.