What's new

Any double charges using TSYS + count down ?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
My Etowah Valley timers double charge about 15% of my credit card customers, been doing it since I installed them 18 months ago but I was only recently able to prove it. I upgraded to the v3.10 chips 10 days ago, and it appears to be worse; since the upgrade 28% of credit customers appear to be double charged.
Jim says the problem is the phone system and switching from BluePay to TSYS is the solution, so before spending the $350 to switch I'm looking for confirmation that it will help. So:

I'm looking for help from somebody who uses TSYS in count down mode. Can you please log in to your TSYS account and check to see if there are any double charges. (Mine are easy to spot because I use a $5 first swipe, $2 additional swipes; so I just scan for any $10 charges.) Also, please note which version of the chip you are on.

FYI I am deeply skeptical that the phone lines are the issue. Hundreds of billions of dollars in credit transactions are transmitted every year, my gut tells me the phone lines are not the root cause. (As well as 30 years of professional software development & architecture experience.) I'd be very surprised if the same problem does not exist with tsys, and if it doesnt yet I'd bet its just a matter of time.
thanks.

Kirb

Reaction score
Paul,

I still have bluepay. I have had my problems but not double charging. Why will it cost $350 to switch to TSYS?
Thanks,
Kirb

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Why will it cost $350 to switch to TSYS?
$300 early termination fee from Blue Pay plus $50 from Etowah Valley for a new merchant programming card.
Oops, my mistake :eek: it was $50 for the v3.10 upgrade, I see the programming card is $10.

edit: But I also recall seeing a $50 setup fee on a tsys application... I havent looked at the costs in detail, but I should be clearer and say that "switching is not free, cost estimate is roughly $300-$400."

Last edited:

Kirb

Reaction score
I would fight the early termination fee if they are having problems with the system.

MEP001

Reaction score
I would fight the early termination fee if they are having problems with the system.
I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe TSYS will allow a trial period without locking you into a contract so you could try them without paying the cancellation fee first. Then if you do prove the problem is with Blue Pay, you'd have your proof that the problem is on their end and you can protest the fee due to their failure to provide contracted services.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I don't have this system.... But did Etowah Valley recommend using Blue Pay? I'm also not a lawyer.. But all this talk seems like this is ultimately ev fault? They are also aware of the issue and don't update anyone?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
2 day bump
Still looking for TSYS + count down info. I was really hoping to find a few washes who do this, I find it impossible to believe that I am the only one experiencing this problem.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I never had issues with BluePay double charging, but always had issues with giving away free washes when they LD carrier would move my trunks and I would stop processing in count up. And their fees are double what TSYS charges. I switched to TSYS and THEN starting seeing double charges. Jim sent new chips that were supposed to stop the meter from sending multiple times. IMO the problem IS and ALWAYS has been Etowah Valley. I have not seen any issues since the upgrade, but I sure am kicking myself for not choosing something different in the beginning. I have at least one or two big problem with this thing every year. Takes 2 weeks to get it all sorted out and back to normal and then 3 months for me to not check it every hour to ensure it's working. It was an option that worked for me in the beginning, but if I had to do it all over again, I would spend the money and change it all to Unitec or CryptoPay

Thanks,
Lighthouse

soapy

Reaction score
I use count up with blue pay and have never had a problem with double charging. For the most part the problems I have had are with phone line problems. 3 locations use the EV system and processing is pretty expensive. I got a call from hamilton and Tsys this morning and they said that Hamilton is recommending all their stuff should get switched to tsys.

mac

Reaction score
I have a customer using Blue Pay with Etowah doors and we are have a connection issue. It dials out but can't connect. Also can't seem to find anyone who can troubleshoot this. Phone co says not their issue, upgraded the chips and they say not their issue, and Blu Pay says t5he same thing. Also what or who is tsys? any contact info?