What's new

Ants in our SS vac meters

easy2wash

WW 2.0/4SS/5 Vacs/Detail
Reaction score
We have acquired a new problem in the last year. Ants are taking over our SS Vac meter boxes. We have tried many different baits/poisons and none eliminate the problem. They do an ok job of killing the ones that are there, but there are a lot of them and even when they are dying, they crawl into the bill acceptors and coin mechs and short things out and have caused me to send in two bill acceptors to be repaired. Does anyone have experience with this problem, or know how to prevent them from getting in, rather than killing the ones that are there. Thanks in advance...

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Try Demon Ant Spray:
http://www.pestproducts.com/demonwp.htm

We had a horrible ant problem in our house. After using many store bought sprays we tried this and the problem went away. It is what most of the professionals use. Spray it all around where the ants can travel to the vac. It comes is a little foil package that you mix with water. We also used a product called Advanced Granular:
http://pestproducts.com/advance.htm
This was recommended for the ants to take back to their colony to kill them off. I am not sure what finally killed them but our problem went away until the following summer. We repeated process and they went away again for a few years. Hope it helps.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I used Sprayway glass cleaner from Carwash Superstore.
Sprayed it inside the box, down any fitting openings and all around the outside of the box.
I did not wipe it up for several days. After I cleaned it up I re-sprayed everything and left it there wet.
Worked like a champ and I had thousands of ants.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I had a terrible problem with Argentine ants in my yard and home. Tried every household/retail product in the book to get rid of them. I tried boric acid bait stations, vinegar, windex, and several other hardware store pest control products. I could slow them down but not stop them. I bought a professional product called Termidor SC. It really puts a hurting on them. I spray once a year and my problems are gone. It is not cheap though, probably 75.00 online, but it's enough to treat for years.