What's new

Another lucky break #2

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
On Thursday 2/23/23, this white dually truck pulls onto my neighbors vacant lot and leaves their dilapidated RV behind my car wash. At first, we thought they were visiting family in the neighborhood, and needed to temporarily store their RV. Over the past week, the RV was slowly being picked apart. I was in touch with the property owner. He tried to have it towed, but it was VERY expensive to have it removed from his property. The city said they would tow it away for free, if it was left on the street ;), but he doesn't have a 5th wheel. My boyfriend and I drove around the neighborhood looking for this white truck, with a unique shortened cab, with no luck... BUT, yesterday afternoon we got lucky!! We SAW the white truck at the drug house, next door to my car wash. We called the property owner who called the police. Before they could talk to them, the white truck quickly drove away!! URGH!! 😖 However, we woke up this morning to find the dilapidated RV was no longer behind my car wash, and back at the drug house!! We suspect the "tweakers" were just storing the RV on his property, due to lack of space.

Another good reason to have cameras. If I didn't have them, we could NOT have identified who had left the RV. The police have been hesitant to get involved with the drug house. I'm just grateful that this eyesore has been removed from my view. This story has a happy ending, neighbors helping neighbors!! 👏🥳

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
This is why it's important to have "tow away zone" signs posted. I don't know what the requirements are for California, but here I would need a contract with a towing company and a sign that details the conditions of an unwanted vehicle and the name/phone number of the company. With that done, any vehicle left on my property can be towed without warning or notice, and the owner is responsible for any fees.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
This is why it's important to have "tow away zone" signs posted. I don't know what the requirements are for California, but here I would need a contract with a towing company and a sign that details the conditions of an unwanted vehicle and the name/phone number of the company. With that done, any vehicle left on my property can be towed without warning or notice, and the owner is responsible for any fees.
Great point MEP001!! I have a contract with a local towing company, with 3 signs posted. The vacant lot next door (where the RV was left) is being sold and currently in escrow. The seller didn't want to sign a contract with a towing company. Owning a self-service car wash is a hands-on business. Seems like I'm having some issue at least every other day. Yesterday, I confronted a guy in a Penske rental van for leaving a large, broken treadmill next to my dumpster. Fortunately, when I asked him if it was his, he admitted to it. I told him "that I don't want it either. That if he didn't take it, I would call the cops to enforce my 2 NO DUMPING signs." He pulled around and loaded it back into his van, as I watched him closely...

MudMoney

Reaction score
Wow tough neighborhood ! Only time there was an exchange of gunfire @ my wash I was do the shooting during an attempted break in.

washnshine

Reaction score
My goodness - what a pathetic scene. I’m sorry you have this going on at the business and property that your pour your time and money into, in order for it to be an appealing place to most of your customers, and also create an income for yourself. Hopefully none of your vacuums were hit.