What's new

Another day at the car wash....

Randy

Reaction score
Car washes are a magnet for crime because a lot the people who come car washes aren't the best that society has to offer. Over the years we’ve carjacking’s, attempted rapes, shooting, and a few knifing’s. Now we have people who come and sit in the bay for hours at a time or they think they spend the night sleeping in their car at the car wash. One car wash here had homeless setting up tents in the bays at night. Nothing really surprises me much anymore.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes - unattended enclosed bays that can fit a vehicle that CAN be poorly lit and in less than desirable parts of town are a recipe for disaster. Unfortunate, but it comes with the territory.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Many Years ago there was a homicide at one of my washes. It was in a rough area in the City of Birmingham. The only way I knew about it was a friend drove by and the wash was blocked off with crime scene tape and they were still there investigating. No one ever contacted me about that......

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
On Tuesday, I got a call from a customer who is at the entry machine. He wanted to tell me that a homeless crazy guy was harrassing people in line, asking for money, waving his arms wildly, talking to himself, and then he took off his shirt and was running around half-naked. I immediately called police and watched my video. People were scared to roll down their windows. It took the cops about 5 minutes to get there. I could tell the officer was trying to diffuse the situation by talking calmly to the guy. I'm not sure if he "called for back-up", but soon after, another officer showed up. They were able to "convince" the guy to leave the property. As you say, "Another day at the car wash." You see the best and absolute worst of humanity in this business. It's been a real learning experience for me.

washnshine

Reaction score
Many Years ago there was a homicide at one of my washes. It was in a rough area in the City of Birmingham. The only way I knew about it was a friend drove by and the wash was blocked off with crime scene tape and they were still there investigating. No one ever contacted me about that......
Alarming you would not have known.

MEP001

Reaction score
On Tuesday, I got a call from a customer who is at the entry machine. He wanted to tell me that a homeless crazy guy was harrassing people in line, asking for money, waving his arms wildly, talking to himself, and then he took off his shirt and was running around half-naked.
I had a crazy homeless like that for a while. It took three months of watching for him, calling the police, telling them that he runs out into traffic when they see him, before they finally showed up seven officers strong and cornered him. Even then all they could do was issue a criminal trespass warning and let him go. He'd still come through a few times a week until I got him arrested on the property next door when he was so drunk his pants literally just fell off him and he couldn't get them back on.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Had a homeless guy stop by Idabel. Was witnessed peeing, in adjacent lot, by my OWN MOTHER-IN-LAW!!!
Police come to arrest him, they fight, he gets slammed, & his dog attacks! Police put choker on dog & ARREST THE DOG TO! Ha
As yall know, u can't make this $hit up!!😯🤣

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Well here is my homeless story

Had a guy frequenting the wash and living out of the back storage units. He would show up with a fake skull on a stake and put it in customers faces and tell them he was the angle of death and if they didn't give him money he would come for their souls.....no b.s.

I finally ran into him pulling this stunt and told him to get the hell of the property only to hear the same angle of death story. After a yelling match he went back to his home....my storage units he broke into.....so I called the cops.

10 mins later 3 officers show up, they lift the roll up door on the storage unit only to catch the angle of death having sex with a prostitute.......I just thought WTH!!!!! Officer arrested both of them and hauled them off. Apparently they both had multiple outstanding warrants

MEP001

Reaction score
I was just told a story by a car wash owner that for most of 2019 he had a married man and woman living in a tent right behind his car wash property. They were both employed, he was a manager at Home Depot, she was some executive secretary type at a title company. He said he talked to them to find out what their deal was, and they told him that they just didn't want to pay rent or buy a house. They were panhandling from the car wash customers every evening and working full-time jobs during the day. They were using the bathroom at the title company she worked at to bathe. They were so ballsy they ran an extension cord over to the car wash to plug in their TV.

washnshine

Reaction score
Well here is my homeless story

Had a guy frequenting the wash and living out of the back storage units. He would show up with a fake skull on a stake and put it in customers faces and tell them he was the angle of death and if they didn't give him money he would come for their souls.....no b.s.

I finally ran into him pulling this stunt and told him to get the hell of the property only to hear the same angle of death story. After a yelling match he went back to his home....my storage units he broke into.....so I called the cops.

10 mins later 3 officers show up, they lift the roll up door on the storage unit only to catch the angle of death having sex with a prostitute.......I just thought WTH!!!!! Officer arrested both of them and hauled them off. Apparently they both had multiple outstanding warrants
Sounds like the “Angel of Death” met “Woman of the Night.”

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Yes it is, same city but far enough away.

Didn't you own that one in your early days?

seattleguy

Reaction score
Our homeless situation in Seattle is bad. I mean beyond your wildest idea of awful. Lots of mental illness and drug addiction. We stopped taking cash altogether. Just credit card. No paper money of quarters at all. And added automatic gates to close the whole wash at 10PM and security patrols until the gates go up at 7AM.