What's new

Another Car Wash 101 Question...

Vince

Reaction score
In analyzing the numbers a seller is giving you, is there any percentage or formula you can use based off of Gross Income to figure out what the chemicals and soap should run you?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anywjwre from 4%---> some places run as high as 10%. Most around 6%...

Randy

Reaction score
In analyzing the numbers a seller is giving you, is there any percentage or formula you can use based off of Gross Income to figure out what the chemicals and soap should run you?
Why don't you just ask him what his chemical costs are, how much he spent on repair parts, how much he spent on vending supplies etc. If he is any kind of car wash operator he'll have all that information.

Vince

Reaction score
Why don't you just ask him what his chemical costs are, how much he spent on repair parts, how much he spent on vending supplies etc. If he is any kind of car wash operator he'll have all that information.
He's provided all that but I now want to verify it. After reading a lot of posts here, it's obvious that many of the numbers are exercises in creative writing. I had 1 operator in San Antonio give me numbers that looked like a child put them together. Embarrassingly bad and amateurish. Nothing I would ever trust.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Exactly. We own and operate four car washes, and the amount of chemical we use varies in order to get a car clean.