What's new

Ams outsider vendor coin return stuck!

Etowah

Bigsambo

Reaction score
I just purchased a used ams outsider vending machine, and I'm having some problems with the coin return button getting stuck and pushed inside the machine. Has anyone else had this problem or know what could be causing it? I was going to just buy a new scavenger assembly and reject button but I don't know if that would solve the issue. I'm not sure if I'm missing a part on the coin return or what else could be causing the issue. Anyone have any experience with this problem ill post some pictures tomorrow if that would help.

Last edited:

chaz

Reaction score
No clue. But on my electronic vendor I simply disabled the coin return. My change machine dispenses dollar coins....because I was having issue with people coming for quarters for laundry.....they began using the vendor as a change machine for quarters.....now my vendor signage reads “change returned with purchase”

Eric H

Reaction score
I've had this problem in the past. If you remove the 2 screws that hold the return arm, you can remove the plastic button. The button may have some grooves in it that cause the button to get stuck. Use some fine grit sandpaper to smooth and polish the surface. Be sure to do the same for the hole the button goes into. Also check that the return spring on the return arm isn't damaged in any way. Clean and lightly lubricate the return mechanism with some silicone spray lube.

Bigsambo

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm just confused why the button doesn't have a flat face so it cannot be pushed fully into the machine. I think I'm going to have a friend 3d print some new push buttons that have a flat front and cannot be forced into the machine.

Now that I'm thinking about it you probably can't fit that kinda button in because it won't fit though the hole. I'm sure I can come up with some better idea though... any more thoughts?

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you drill a hole in the side of the button inside the machine and put something through it to act as a stop against something inside the machine?

Bigsambo

Reaction score
I was looking at that but id be more inclined to put something on the outside rather than the inside so it physically couldn't be pushed in the hole like a stop on the button or even glue like a plastic disk on the end off the button that was bigger than the hole. How do you even post a pic on this site don't see Any options?