What's new

American token changer looking to add Credit card to it ???

lilb93

Reaction score
Have a American single hopper token changer, with MEI Validator. Wondering if anyone has tried to put a crypto pay Credit card reader on one? If it would work with one swipe what would give? It is vending quarter tokens now.
In the spring we are going to change it all over to Dollar tokens and the vac's and bays will still accept quarters.
At this time we do not accept Credit cards at all. Would it help business using Credit cards in the bays..

Merry Christmas to all.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother. I installed the CC to token machines at three washes about 10-12 years ago. I am very disappointed in the piddly amount of use they get. At one wash I actually later installed WashGear in all the bays.

lilb93

Reaction score
Our wash is right next to the high school, never see kids using it. Asked one who was washing a 4 wheeler why kids don't use a wash?
He said no one carry's cash only debit or CC card. Watching the customer base it is people over 40. Some younger at the vacuums but never at the bays. Thought CC offering would help??

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I've been accepting credit cards in the bays for over a decade. Initially, CC usage was disappointing. This year's credit sales are approaching 65% of total income! I can't imagine operating as cash only.

MEP001

Reaction score
They like paying at the bays with credit/debit, but they're easily confused by having to buy tokens from a separate machine, and they don't like having to buy more tokens than they're going to use just to wash. I've seen a number of people put in a Hamilton RNS-CRC just to pull it out again from lack of use.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I put a cryptopay swiper on my American Token Machine. It doesn't do much. I put it in right after I put in credit card and bills in the bays. I might do about $75 a month. I have it set to dispense 6-$1 tokens for a $5 swipe. I had to have Tom at crypto pay set it so its a $1 pulse and put a relay in for the pulse to hopper trigger. I want to add another relay that shuts it down when the out of service light is on, but its use is so minimal I'm not to worried about it for now. Overall CC in bays are a must!!! If you don't have them you're giving away $$$$. Even better is CC along with a bay blower!!!!! Thats a home run, I see people try to get every drop of water off the car with the blower when on a CC!!

lilb93

Reaction score
Probably going to go with cryptopay in bays. Have to do some more reading, would like to charge 3.00 to start for 6 minutes?

pgrzes

Reaction score
I used a swiper without a button for the Token changer. I didnt want to have a bunch of $1 swipes so I just went with a $5 choice. Message me and I can send a diagram that Tom put together for me. If you put Cryptopay or another CC in bays, count up timers is a must!!! People spend much more when they dont have to fight the buzzer. Been a little over a year for me and I have yet to have a single complaint about not hitting the stop and getting the full $12 charge!! I put a $3 min. on my CC in Bays. I am $2 start for token or cash. My vacs are $1 start but $2 with credit card. Wish I could do count up on the vacs!!!