What's new

American Paystation with Cryptopay

Chad

Reaction score
My paystation locks up about every other day. Screen says "verifying". Stays there until I reset the machine. Any one else have this issue? American has never heard of it. Maybe a Crypto issue?

scrubs3

Reaction score
I had that issue, but it was related to internet speed. Cable company had an issue on one of their poles and it was affecting our transmission speed.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
This doesn't help with your problem, but I have hooked up a samsung smart things smart outlets to my wash selects. I can now reboot the wash selects by phone app if needed. It comes in quite handy at times. Wyze now has smart plugs that you can buy for 19.99/two pack.

Chad

Reaction score
Thanks Greg I will look into that. Would be nice to reset over the phone. It did it twice today with five in line, luckily I was there both times or it would have been a mess everybody backing out. I changed the Crypto swiper out because it seems to have gotten worse when we put a new swiper on.

Greg, can I ask why you have to reset your wash selects? Thinking about upgrading, but don't want to inherit another set of problems 😳.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Greg, can I ask why you have to reset your wash selects? Thinking about upgrading, but don't want to inherit another set of problems 😳.
It started when I updated to a dual swipe reader years ago. Its a random, rare event that happens every two-three months or so. The last time I spoke with customer support they did not know what caused it and told me to call when it was locked up. However, with unitec's new (no) customer support system you have to make an online appointment to speak to a tech if you're not a distributor. I'm not going to leave a busy machine out of service when a simple reboot will fix it, so I just do that. However, as you know the problems arise at the most inconvenient time, like when you're away on vacation. If a customer calls and says the WSII won't read their swipe or steals their money I reboot while they're on the phone with me and it solves it.