What's new

American Changer

Joe Law

Reaction score
It is possible the board has a problem. When you say it is not "seeing" the card does that mean when you swipe a card nothing happens? Does the display show credit and cash payment methods or just the 4 wash values? Does cash work fine? If you call the service dept. at American Changer when you are in front of the machine one of the tech's can walk you through some troubleshooting steps as well.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
It is possible the board has a problem. When you say it is not "seeing" the card does that mean when you swipe a card nothing happens? Does the display show credit and cash payment methods or just the 4 wash values? Does cash work fine? If you call the service dept. at American Changer when you are in front of the machine one of the tech's can walk you through some troubleshooting steps as well.

Yes, swiping the card and nothing happens. Still shows the wash values. I had this happen a couple of years ago but card reader replacement was all it was. The techs are very helpful at Amer Changer. Lenny has always been great. I was hoping I may get an answer here over the weekend becasue I am sure they are closed on Pres Day.

washnvac

Reaction score
If your screen is not showing a credit card and cash/token option, then your system needs to be manually batched out. Occassionally the machine will not batch out and the data bank gets full. Run a print info report to see what your "dollar now" is. If it is over $500, then you need a force batch. Go to credit card set up, and set batch amount to $1. Then let it reset and it should batch out. This may take a few minutes--a lot of data. Then set batch amount back to whatever you had it at. I use $225.