What's new

American Changer AC80001 - credit card processing

george361

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum. Found this community while searching for solutions to credit card processing issues we are experiencing. DataCap will not talk to a end user and will only talk to equipment manufacture, American Changer. Unfortunately American Changer seems to be unresponsive to any form of attempted communication.

I have Ac80001 changer upgraded (2017) with flex board and DataCap iptran for credit card processing, running software version FLXC-0A-C16.
Customers are reporting issues with credit cards not being accepted, getting a voice prompt "your card has not been processed", no error codes show on screen. This seems to occur most frequently if the customer inserts card before making wash selection. If I am on location, I have never not been able to get a card processed, following 1) wash selection 2) inserting and removing card quickly.

I have been observing more and more customers leaving..... I have cleaned card readers and added signage to help customers know they need to swipe their card (not a cip reader). I have frequently observed customers struggle even when properly swiping their card.

Any ideas that might help eliminate this issue - software or hardware improvements?
Ideally the cashier would accept the credit card regardless of when in the transaction process it is swiped, before or after wash selection.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
We have the exact same issues. Right now they aren’t taking credit cards at all. Hoping it’s something to do with the Nashville explosion. We are going to probably replace the paystations. Tired of throwing money at them.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
Did you figure anything out on this? We are basically unable to process cards still. Spent 2 hours on phone with American today. We have replaced card readers and verified internet is working. Also took IP to another location and it works so I don’t think it’s a processor issue.

george361

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have not found resolution. I have error on about 7% of transactions. No error codes just a voice prompt your card has not been charged.

Definitely sounds like it is not a data cap issue you are dealing with. What did American changer have to offer? I still have not been able to get in touch with them.

I’m curious if changing to crypto pay would eliminate my issue, anyone with Ac8001 and cryptopay experience?

Randy

Reaction score
I talked to Cryptopay awhile back about installing there system on the AC8001 and they said they don’t recommend it because of some interface software issues with their system and the AC8001.

george361

Reaction score
Interesting. American changer offers a retrofit and software update. Are the issues you mention with the new software flxc-0b-bo1 cryptopaystation ?