What's new

Am i need a gate for express wash?

suntexas

Reaction score
Hi, guys

Thanks for replying it.

I'm totally new this business. also, there are only one express wash(my town), and the other one, 1hr far away.

so, when i make some extra time, i'll go and see at San antonio, Houston.

Q: 1. i want to set one auto casher, am i need a gate ?(it is like a toll gate)
2. Am i need a central vacuum? like a free vacuum. there are only 3 laser carwash,3 self wash and 2 full carwash. (around 10miles).
3. I'm working with wet(peco), i thinking a little expensive.
i live in small town, it is not easy find a company, sonny is from 4hr here. tommy too.

thanks.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
What small town around san antonio are you in? Are you building this wash or do you already own this wash? Small town people tend to like face to face interaction.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
The first thing I recommend is to hook up with an advisor, consultant and/or equipment distributor, and quit telling people what you are intending to build and where.

I am not suggesting that you should not use public forums to seek out answers but why would you want to share your location with strangers and potential competitors?

Gates are not a necessity but they can be useful, say, when your attendant is tied up with performing another task.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Good questions. Opinions vary.

1. Auto Cashiers have pros and cons. You might want to try to operate without one first, but set up any rough ins and equipment so you can add it later.

2. Central vacs can be good. Seperate vacs may allow you to offer free and pay vacs easily with the same unit. Just get a coin aceptor that will take a token you give with a wash as well as $. You may not want to offer free vacs at all, just a lower wash price and pay vacs.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
We tried to run a single cashier station without a gate and figured out quickly that we had to have one. Without a gate, an occasional customer will come in and not pay at the cashier. If it is busy and your attendant misses this it will mess up the queue. Also, The customer might try to pay the attendant instead of the machine. The attendant might put the money in his pocket.