What's new

Alarm System

washman9

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an alarm system, - door and motion detector - that in the event of an alarm could dial through a cell phone that could be left onsite and connected to the system. I was thinking of buy a cell phone with a limited number of minutes that could be connected to the alarm system and in the event of an alarm, would be programmed to call my cell phone? I am interested some for our wash but also for a house we recently purchased that is going to be a year long rehab and does not have phone or internet connection as of yet.

appreciate thoughts or experiences.

MEP001

Reaction score
Most basic alarms are capable of calling a phone number when activated. There's a device that plugs into a cell phone and basically turns it into a phone jack which would serve your purpose.

dcarwash

Reaction score
My alarm company just converted my dial-up alarm to wireless. We had the phone line taken out and saved $30/month. The wireless added about $10/month so it was a no-brainer. No phone lines to cut either.

Reaction score
what about wireless alarms? wireless shock, drill and shock sensors??? Has anyone installed their own system like this????

MEP001

Reaction score
Why would you want a wireless system?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Why would you want a wireless system?
I remember having a "wireless on the sensor level" as one of our first alarm systems. Maybe they have improved them enough but we had to take it out & replace with a wired system on the sensor level because of reliability issues. To be fair ... it is possible that the Radio Shack system did not have the quality of some brands.

Reaction score
why would I want to run wires to the vaults, vacuums and bay meters? some impossible. wireless alarms have come along way.

Randy

Reaction score
We use a wireless alarm system on the coin boxes and ACW's. They work well but they do have their limitations.

wash4me

Reaction score
ezesys.com will do this. You just use a prepaid calling card and insert a sim card. It will also call/text/email alarms for temperature, faults, no hot water, door opening, change machine fault, you name it.

robblackburn

Reaction score
What type of wireless alarm system have you bee using that will communicate from inside a metal ace box to the controller in the EQ room. I tried one but as so as shut door to acw the wireless signal did not reach the base station. Thx.