What's new

AirShamee Boom Mount Location?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Was just wondering where everyone that installed their AirShamme mounted their boom?

I'm guessing the common location is HP side mid wall but what height?

Satisfied where you mounted it or would you change anything?

Keno

Reaction score
We put ours on the side with the meter to get more exposure, moved our foam brushes to the other wall. People will always find the foam brush

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
We mounted ours on the same side as the Foam Brush, so they both retract against the wall. Mount it high enough so it doesn't hit the HP or FB booms, or wall lights. I'm always shocked to find the dryer hoses tangled up with the HP hose. Mount the motor vertical if you can so the short hose is straight to the boom.

Attachments

STXCW

Reaction score
We have them on the same wall as our foam brush boom.

Reaction score
We have both HP and FB mounted to a beam over the top of our bays, then Shamee on the left (drivers side wall), and Tricolor on the right (passenger side). No trouble with tangling since the booms are all angled to swing back to the wall. Not sure how it would work if our HP and FB were mounted to the walls though instead of the beam.

Blanco

Reaction score
When you mount it don't level it. Angle it down a little and let gravity bring it back to the wall.

edredtop

Reaction score
FWIW, schedule 80 electrical PVC fits nicely on the boom if it needs to be lengthened or if it needs a 45° or 90° angle for stress relief to protect the hose. Schedule 80 PVC is UV resistant, incredibly durable and can handle temps up to 140 degrees. It can be painted with a latex paint to change the color as well.
Cost is $4 to $6 for the angles and $25 for a 10 foot run of the straight stuff at Home Depot.

Attachments

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I have my meter box and HP gun on the drivers side wall and the FB & Tri Foam / Ceramic gun on the passenger side.

I was kinda curious as to where people mounted them I guess most of the deciding factor in that is where all your existing stuff was.

Mine will be mounted on the meter box/ HP gun wall. Hopefully sometime within the next month I'll get my new GinSan meter boxes with Monex readers up along with these in bay driers.

I'll post pics