What's new

Airlift XRS doors?

jack954

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting these, do people who have them like them? Will the vinyl stay looking good if cleaned often? any reason not to get them?

Eric H

Reaction score
I have 4 doors that were installed in 2016 and 4 installed in 2018. No issues so far. I did have to replace a motor on one of the 2016 doors. My doors and motors are mounted on the inside of the building so they are constantly exposed to moisture. I see a lot of these doors mounted on the exterior but I think mounting on the inside looks cleaner. Mounting on the outside would probably keep the motors dryer than in the bay this extending there trouble free life.
My door controls are also mounted in the bays and those have been trouble free so far. Again, this is probably the worst possible place to locate the controls but I did it anyway.
So, are my doors and controls mounted in a way that should guarantee I have as many issues as possible? YES. Am I having many issues? NO!

jack954

Reaction score
good info, thank you! does the vinyl still look good after 5 years and able to be kept clean?

MC3033

Reaction score
The vinyl can stain up a bit if you don’t stay on top of it. If you clean it routinely it will keep looking fresh. Setup will also determine how dirty it gets (how much it gets blasted with soap or blowers).

Doors are very solid and pretty easy to work on

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just had two doors installed in December. I love them. They are such a huge improvement over my old metal insulated garage doors. The operation is smooth and fast. My motors were installed on the outside of the building. My controls are inside the bay and I plan to wrap them with some plastic to keep the moisture out. I know that might look a little cheesy but I've had plenty of experience with things That are supposedly waterproof getting soaking wet inside!

Etowah