What's new

Airlift door will not close automatically

docscarwash

Reaction score
I have airlift doors in one of my bays. As the weather has turned cold this week I have encountered a problem that has me puzzled:

My exit doors will not close automatically when a customer leaves. I can close the doors with the switch, and it will stay closed until the wash is used again. Thermostat is not the issue, as my entrance doors are working just fine. I have checked the power in the control unit, the relays in my main board, and the settings in my wash. All are fine.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Yep, I would start with the eyes. Blocked, such as ice on them. Usually the button will allow you to close the door with blocked eyes. If not blocked, perhaps misaligned or not functioning now.

docscarwash

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. They eyes seem to be sensing just fine. THey click when the beam is broken, as they should and they send the door up when broken. I also disengaged the safety eyes from the control box yesterday and still was not able to close the doors.

Given those things, could it still be the eyes?

boywonder

Reaction score
Something with your automatic could be holding it open as well, or maybe a floor loop. What kinda automatic do you have?

boywonder

Reaction score
Should be able to unhook the input wire and make it work.

docscarwash

Reaction score
i am fairly new at this, so can you please give me some more details. The input wire where? on my Ryko control panel on my automatic? or on the door control?

Thanks for taking the time to help. I very much appreciate it.

SuperClean

Reaction score
Check the test functions on the control panel the first one is a door override I have put it on before by mistake instead of scrolling on the first option I hit test but you don't know that you pushed it until the door doesn't close automatically.