What's new

Air Switch & RO Reclaim again~

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found a pump setup w/2 float switches to use for my RO Reject reclaim setup. Thanks to everyone who helped on this. Total cost for this great, money-saving idea: $273.

My electrician is working on wiring the blower shutdown switch for my free-standing blowers. We differ on whether to use photo eyes or the air switch, however, to trigger the shutdown.

If I use the air switch, I will be able to have it actually switch after the second pulse (rear tires hit it) to shut blowers down, right?

Thanks.

lag

Reaction score
Photo eyes would be my choice... If mine are "broke" for 5 seconds ,then make again the dryer shuts down...

Have you considered a loop detector , we use both a photo eye and loop detector ,the loop detector will detect a vehicle if it backs up in the dryer ,keeping the dryer on.

Also, doesn't your automatic have the ability to shut your dryer down if you have photo eyes ? Seems to me most would ,and any needed delays would be programmed already into the auto controller

lag

Reaction score
Why spend hundreds of dollars on a photo eye setup when a 20 buck switch and 20 feet of hose works just fine?

Where's Mac???
Maybe I should add that the same loop and eyes keep our rear door from smashing down on a vehicle. Good luck with what ever way you go.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Maybe I should add that the same loop and eyes keep our rear door from smashing down on a vehicle. Good luck with what ever way you go.
Then that makes perfectly good sense. I will add that my dryer is outside and there was no good place to mount eyes even if I had wanted to.

Etowah