What's new

Air Shammie or Blasto-Dry Nozzles

sparkey

Reaction score
I am in the process of building my own blow dryers for my self serve bays. Which nozzle would be best to use, the air shammie or blasto-dry? I read where most air shammie users prefer the fan tips on their guns, is this still the general consensus? I see kleen rite sells the air shammie guns for $94 and the fan tips are an extra $42. I am not sure what the blasto-dry guns sell for?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
How did you decide to build the unit?

I haven't personally used either, but from what I've heard the fan tip is the way to go.

bigleo48

Reaction score
You cannot buy the Blastodry guns unless you buy the whole thing. But I have tried them and found them awkward to use.

I prefer the air-shammee with the fan tip. However, they told me in Vegas that they are designing a new gun.

sparkey

Reaction score
You can buy the air shammie motors from kleen rite. Theres not a lot to it. Three vac motors connected to a hose and a contactor to turn them on along with a boom and nozzle. I am not going to use a bypass or a trigger to turn the air on and off. I read on the forum where some people were doing away with the bypass valves and triggers so I figured I would simplify my setup and just leave them off.

garbageman

Reaction score
I don't know if you can buy the nozzle separately, but I have installed the air shammee and the Carolina Pride turbo dry and prefer the Carolina Pride nozzle. Moulded rubber which the claim to be "indestructible". I do feel like I could drive my vehicle over it and not break it, a feeling I do not get with the air shammee. There is also no trigger to pull and thus no need for a relief valve.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Sparkey,

That's what I did. No bypass and triggers. Added some weight to the handle. Works fine.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How did you decide to build the unit?

I haven't personally used either, but from what I've heard the fan tip is the way to go.
EricH has built his own units; ask him. He's busy fixing floor heat but he may answer.