What's new

Air Shammee vs Air Shammee II

Martins

Reaction score
Things are moving pretty quick for me at the wash getting things updated and looking nice! next set is paint then i want to install some in bay dryers. ive looked a little bit on here but couldn't find a dedicated thread about the 2 systems and which you prefer. i know alot are with the original due to the ease and cost of replacing the blowers etc. but what im curious on is which system performs better. on the II attic mount or wall mount? (though i know its 3 phase). or is the performance difference minimal? i see the I is slightly cheaper but want your feedback on those that have them.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I don't think there is a big performance difference, mainly a lower maintenance advantage as a three phase motor usually works for thousands of hours without issue.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
1 thing to consider which is highly over looked is the panel to make sure you have enough spare breakers. The single phase requires 2 double pole 20s or 30s cant remember off top of my head. 3 phase will pull less amps

OurTown

Reaction score
The three phase motor is quieter than the triple vac motor type if installed in bay. IIRC the three phase motor is supposed to be 10% more powerful. Also the three phase type will each need at minimum a contactor (they do not ship with one) but a motor starter might be better because you can fine tune the motor protection.

MEP001

Reaction score
a motor starter might be better because you can fine tune the motor protection.
A motor starter for a 3-phase motor is definitely better, otherwise if you lose a leg the motor will just hum without turning until it burns up.

Roz

Reaction score
We own both the attic and the wall system at our washes (3 phase versions using the pump breakers as mentioned above). Started with attic version thinking that the motor heat could be beneficial in the winter (not the case). Harder to service the motors inside the standup attic. The wall mounted unit is easier and quicker to service as the attic version takes more time and effort to reach for service. We will only install the wall mounted system in the future.

Martins

Reaction score
We own both the attic and the wall system at our washes (3 phase versions using the pump breakers as mentioned above). Started with attic version thinking that the motor heat could be beneficial in the winter (not the case). Harder to service the motors inside the standup attic. The wall mounted unit is easier and quicker to service as the attic version takes more time and effort to reach for service. We will only install the wall mounted system in the future.
Did you go with the single motor wall mount or the 3 motor setup?

Roz

Reaction score
3 motor for both to have redundancy in case a motor dies.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Ours are mounted in the attic - warmer, dryer air source and less clutter on the bay walls. So far, so good.

STXCW

Reaction score
We have quite a few of the 3 phase models and they have worked flawlessly. Mounted them in the equipment room and ran PVC out to the bays

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I connected mine to the breakers for my pumps. Can't run both at the same time, so worked out great.
Are you guys tieing them in the breakers inside the main panel box so it will be the ss pump wires and the air dryer wires under each breaker correct? that's pretty smart free up some space. I just wanted to make sure i am understanding correctly. thanks

slash007

Reaction score
Are you guys tieing them in the breakers inside the main panel box so it will be the ss pump wires and the air dryer wires under each breaker correct? that's pretty smart free up some space. I just wanted to make sure i am understanding correctly. thanks
Yep. Wired to the same breakers. 2 wires going into each leg.

David Rolf

Reaction score
I just completed my installation of 4 ea 3 phase units. I thought about tieing them into my pumps but after I looked we had plenty of space in my panels. Plus I feel better each circuit is on its own. My deciding factor on the 3 phase was did I want to add 12 more pumps to the wash or only 4? Plus after I tried several washes that used the 3 motor setup the 3 phase seems to blow harder with the Air Logic nozzles. So far customers have been using them and happy with the install. However, I'm glad it's over now as it was time-consuming!!!

Rfreeman

Reaction score
We have quite a few of the 3 phase models and they have worked flawlessly. Mounted them in the equipment room and ran PVC out to the bays
Did you mount the blowers in the ER? If so how well do they work having to blow all the way to the bay? Any pics of your setup?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I just completed my installation of 4 ea 3 phase units. I thought about tieing them into my pumps but after I looked we had plenty of space in my panels. Plus I feel better each circuit is on its own. My deciding factor on the 3 phase was did I want to add 12 more pumps to the wash or only 4? Plus after I tried several washes that used the 3 motor setup the 3 phase seems to blow harder with the Air Logic nozzles. So far customers have been using them and happy with the install. However, I'm glad it's over now as it was time-consuming!!!
Are you saying the install was time consuming?

David Rolf

Reaction score
No the overall process at least for me. The parts took forever to get here then the electrician, permits, and two bad pumps out of the box. For someone full-time onsite it wouldn't be so bad.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I also besides Rfreeman would like to see pics if possible!

HOW FAR TO YOUR FARTHEST BAY???

This is something we might consider on a possible future redo. We would have to sometimes pass the PVC through minus 0° F cold air so we would probably insulate the 2" or larger PVC pipe. Intake air would tend to be very dry & over 60° F.

I wonder how much volume-pressure drop would happen if I ran the PVC 60 feet which we would have to do for our farthest bay???