What's new

Air Shammee Or Blasto Dry

mfbanks223

Reaction score
I Am Going To Add 1 Or The Other And Just Trying To Get Some Feed Back On Either Unit. I Have Researched Both And I Seem To Like The Handle Set Up Better On The Air Shammee. Any Thoughts?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I have the Air Shammee and love it. I bought the attic mounted version (less clutter in the bay) and haven't had any problems with it. Definitely need to market it to your motorcycle customers, they love it. Call Pat at Diskin Systems, www.diskinsystems.com, and he'll take care of you.

One thing I didn't purchase right off the bat was their handle with the fan tip blade. I found the one with the round hole made it difficult to control the water. Then I bought the handle with the fan tip, it pushes the water off a lot better.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I had Mike Doyle from Blast-dry out to my wash to demo a unit. I have also talked to Pat Diskin. My personal opinion is that they are both good units. You really just need to go with the one that you think your customers will respond to the best. I will probably order mine in the next month or so. I still haven't decided from who though. :(

jloebker

Reaction score
I installed blasto-dry in 2 bays about a year ago. I dropped the ball with very little signage. It took awhile for customers to use it. Even with more signage it took a hands on approach to get the customer willing to place the cuff onto the car. I.E. might leave tracks. Once the customer gets comfortable using it, they are hooked.

captain cw

Reaction score
I'm also struggling with this decision. Does the air shamee with it's cool carpet handle work alright when it comes to drying the car? I like the way the diskin system moves the water off of the car, but I like the carpet drying capability. I'm really torn.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thats the same place I am right now. I see people cleaning their mats almost daily. Either one would be convenient to use. I just need to pick one and make it work.