What's new

Air Shammee Nozzle Issue

OurTown

Reaction score
When performing daily bay testing yesterday I noticed that the trigger got stuck when I pulled it. After pulling on it a few times more it released. Then I pulled it again and it only went about halfway back. Then after that it seemed to only go back about 3/4 of the way but I could not get it to stick again. Maybe it needs lubed but we have never done that. Has anyone taken one of these apart and if so do you have to drill the rivets out? If we bought a new one do you have to drill any rivets out to replace it? Is there a better alternative to this? I'm not complaining too much because this is the only issue we have had after about 80 hours on the meter.

OurTown

Reaction score
Also I noticed some other brands do not appear to have triggers on them. Has anyone tried those on a Super Shammee II with the single three phase motor? It is very possible some people do not know they need to pull the trigger on the Air Shammee nozzle. Now that I think about it I bet I could remove the plunger inside and eliminate the trigger.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If there is no trigger will it fly out of the holder?

KleanRide

Reaction score
Also I noticed some other brands do not appear to have triggers on them. Has anyone tried those on a Super Shammee II with the single three phase motor? It is very possible some people do not know they need to pull the trigger on the Air Shammee nozzle. Now that I think about it I bet I could remove the plunger inside and eliminate the trigger.
I'm running the Air Logic dryers with no triggers in the gun. So far so good.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am running the Air Logics nozzle without the trigger I switched years ago. I beleive now they have Line-X coating on them and you don't have to have the air bypass hooked up. Carolina pride also uses the same nozzle set up from them and holder. But I am running Air shammee dryers just there nozzel

Last edited:

STXCW

Reaction score
We added rivets on our trigger so its always on. Too many complaints from people saying it didn't have enough pressure because they were not squeezing the trigger. We haven't had one fly out of the holder...yet

OurTown

Reaction score
I can't believe how time flies. It seems like the nozzle was working half azz and so we didn't change it for apparently months. Yesterday I changed it to the new type bed liner coated Air Logic nozzle with the vac hose swivel on it. OMG! The air flow is unreal and would NOT stay in the original Air Shammee holder. I did buy the short Hammel wand holder that Air Logic uses. It does stay in there okay but only because of the hose pulling on one side. I experimented with holding the holder at an angle on the wall but no way could it stay in there so I mounted it vertical. The other thing is that now the Air Shammee is very quiet because it it doesn't have that air restriction. The guy at Air Logic said that they make a version that does not have the swivel and some like it better because the swivel can break. Has anyone had this issue? It looks like you could cut it off and replace it with another standard vac hose swivel.

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-22580-6-stainless-steel-wand-holder-by-hamel-manufacturing.aspx

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-38929-nozzle-for-auto-dry.aspx

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Let us know how this holds up compared to the air shamee nozzles.

MEP001

Reaction score
Those Hamel wand holders look good in the Kleen-Rite photo but looks like ass IRL.

OurTown

Reaction score
Those Hamel wand holders look good in the Kleen-Rite photo but looks like ass IRL.

I agree. They do not polish them at all. It looks like a piece of exhaust pipe welded to the mounting strap. I gave it a brushed finish before installing it. Is there a nicer looking one? I would pay more.

MEP001

Reaction score
Dralco makes a nice looking one. Dultmeier should have them. Everything has a brushed finish. I need to get some too, there were no trifoam gun holders when my wash was built so they used Fragramatics fragrance gun holders.

OurTown

Reaction score
Dralco makes a nice looking one. Dultmeier should have them. Everything has a brushed finish. I need to get some too, there were no trifoam gun holders when my wash was built so they used Fragramatics fragrance gun holders.

I can't find those but I did run across a nice looking polished Mosmatic holder. #29.128

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Been preaching and using these style nozzles for 6+ years. I have air logic and carolina pride style there's are a little heavier than air logics I have noticed. Air shamees are trash and there bypass

OurTown

Reaction score
Been preaching and using these style nozzles for 6+ years. I have air logic and carolina pride style there's are a little heavier than air logics I have noticed. Air shamees are trash and there bypass

Do yours have the swivels on them and if so how well do they hold up? Besides the swivels they seem indestructible.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
As I'm looking to add dryers, Do you recommend the Air Shammee II or Air Logic system?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Anyone have long term experience with the coleman/mosmatic style that requires two hands? My wife tried it and actually preferred it over the diskin gun.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Our Air Shammees have Premier nozzles& they're awesome. No trigger, it's a 2 hand stylw, but we have many customers that only use 1 hand. It is TOUGH to!