What's new

Air Shamee's fuses

jsoriano

Reaction score
Hi, one my bay dryers stopped working 2 of the 3 motors during this past weekend. I just replaced them but still not working, tried to verified the fuse but is stuck inside and can not pull it out so I am assuming that could be the problem. Do we really need them? can I bypass them? Each one of my dryers have their own breaker at panel. I am not an electrician, sorry in advance...lol

MEP001

Reaction score
I strongly recommend keeping the fuses. The breaker may trip from one motor, but it may not trip fast enough to keep something from melting or catching on fire.

You'll probably have to replace the fuse holder. Get a really good one. They probably used one rated to the minimum, but I use one rated for 30 amps for a 10 amp fuse. It won't cost much more and won't melt before the fuse blows. Also make sure the fuse is correct for the load.

slash007

Reaction score
Every time I've had a motor go bad, I end up having to replace the fuse too. I've never had issues pulling them out, make sure it's not melted and it should come out pretty easily.

jsoriano

Reaction score
I strongly recommend keeping the fuses. The breaker may trip from one motor, but it may not trip fast enough to keep something from melting or catching on fire.

You'll probably have to replace the fuse holder. Get a really good one. They probably used one rated to the minimum, but I use one rated for 30 amps for a 10 amp fuse. It won't cost much more and won't melt before the fuse blows. Also make sure the fuse is correct for the load.
Hi, thanks for your answer. I purchased new fuse holders and replaced them. Actually spent all afternoon checking all our 5 bays and replaced many more fuses and fuse holders than I expected. Even if the motor was working when I tried to pull the fuse to check it it was stuck inside.

Thanks again...

jsoriano

Reaction score
Every time I've had a motor go bad, I end up having to replace the fuse too. I've never had issues pulling them out, make sure it's not melted and it should come out pretty easily.
Hi, thanks for your answer. How often do you change motors?...we installed the dryers in 2017 and this is the first time we had a problem, and customers use them all the time. I think we have been like with this..lol