What's new

Air Shamee

Josh Corp

Reaction score
Say, for those of you that have in-bay dryers such as Air Shammes, what has been your experiences with keeping good handles in the bay? At $95 a pop I'm questioning how long the handle will last? I have not purchased the system yet. However, that is my one reservation. I'm wondering if I'll spend more money on those darn handles than I'm making? Of course, many of our customers think the handle belongs on the ground so the next vehicle can run over it!

OurTown

Reaction score
Our Diskin Air Shammee gun has lasted pretty well but now the trigger gets stuck halfway or all the way. It is hard to tell but I think it has been run over a couple of times. I'm surprised that only a handful of times we have seen it on the ground. Maybe other customers pick it up. We are going to try the Air Logic gun that does not have a trigger. About $3,500 in sales so far (only have one right now) and other than the gun we have literally not done a thing to it. It even has the original hose.

Josh Corp

Reaction score
Hi Our Town:

That is good to know. The majority of my customers will pick up the spray wands (or at least not run over them) unlike the vacuum hose nozzles. So I I think most understand that there is value in the wands that is greater than the vacuum wands so it should work out. Thank you for the information. Any other experiences from others?

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I switched to orange claws, seems to have helped slightly with them being run over. I have one yellow one someone loaned me that's now one of the oldest ones.

Eric H

Reaction score
We are going to try the Air Logic gun that does not have a trigger.
I switched to the Air Logic nozzle and removed the Diskin pressure relief valve ( not all of their systems have the relief valve). The smaller opening and lack of restriction from the Diskin trigger assembly has improved the performance of the dryers.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Say, for those of you that have in-bay dryers such as Air Shammes, what has been your experiences with keeping good handles in the bay? At $95 a pop I'm questioning how long the handle will last? I have not purchased the system yet. However, that is my one reservation. I'm wondering if I'll spend more money on those darn handles than I'm making? Of course, many of our customers think the handle belongs on the ground so the next vehicle can run over it!
Having the AIr Dryers available to customers makes up the difference of Any Problems.. Put Dryers in all bays and smile.. :) you will be happy..

Eric H

Reaction score
Where would I look for this?
Not all of the air shammees have the relief valve. Troy stopped using them after a few years. They were usually located coming out of the motor housing. It is just a 2” molded pipe with a spring and a big diaphragm. When the gun trigger was in the closed position the valve would open to allow any excess air to escape.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Not sure if we have the absolute very best possible ... but our customers seem to be OK with the extra simple Carolina Pride wand-gun-nozzle for our specific self service Blo Dry. Could this be another case of "ignorance is bliss" :) ???

wyatt

Reaction score
I have a couple locations that I’ve never replaced a nozzle and one location I’ve replaced 3 in the last two months... one broke and the other two went missing. I even super glue them on so who knows what happened to them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I even super glue them on so who knows what happened to them.
Because of the material the guns and hoses are made of, it's almost impossible to glue them on. Try this tape - you'll have to lubricate it with mineral spirits or denatured alcohol to assemble it, but once that evaporates it'll be stuck.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Replaced first nozzle after 3 years. don't like the cuff they come with so I replace that with a standard cuff. When Nozzle broke I temporarily replaced with standard Vac Claw. Worked great except I was afraid t would fly around if not secured in the holder. Was thinking I could make a half insh hole where you hold it to belled off air to keep it from flying around and customers hand would cover it when using it. I might try that.

Josh Corp

Reaction score
FWIW I switched to orange claws, seems to have helped slightly with them being run over. I have one yellow one someone loaned me that's now one of the oldest ones.
MEP, Thanks for the feedback. I'm not familiar with the yellow or orange claws. Can you give me abit more information on these handles / claws?

Josh Corp

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, Thank you for all the comments. I feel a lot more confident in going forward with the purchase of the Air Shammee or equivalent.

MEP001

Reaction score
MEP, Thanks for the feedback. I'm not familiar with the yellow or orange claws. Can you give me abit more information on these handles / claws?
I meant the vacuum nozzles, you mentioned your customers leave them on the ground and they get run over.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The air dryers are great in the bays! They get alot of use and you can't beat the low cost to operate this function. Plus they really do work well. I use them on my car when I wash it; makes towel drying after alot easier and fast.

Josh Corp

Reaction score
The air dryers are great in the bays! They get alot of use and you can't beat the low cost to operate this function. Plus they really do work well. I use them on my car when I wash it; makes towel drying after alot easier and fast.
Thank you for the input.