What's new

Air Shamee or other in bat drying?

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
Does anyone use these? Added one to existing wash? Seen an uptick in customers or increase in sales?

im a bit skeptical, no one to my knowledge uses these in my city so could be a cool edge for me if they are worth it

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Its TOTALLY worth it! ❤ Air Dyers put my car wash on the map!! I installed Diskins Air Shammee II at my car wash in December 2018. Cost $20,000 ($2k per bay x 5 bays + $5k for electrical panel upgrade + $5k for installation. Based on hour meters, this was paid off within 7 months. I installed the single motor 4.5 HP, 3 phase electrical. Do yourself & customers a HUGE favor & replace Diskins nozzles with Air Logic ones. They provide 25% MORE air with less maintenance. On Diskins nozzles,, the rivets fall out & baffles hold back the air, causing the hoses to split or hoses to blow off the boom. Your customers will LOVE the Air Dyers!! ❤❤

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
With count up the more toys the better. Hour meters cn help you judge payback rates. I did 2 of 8 bays which are also the superbays. I may do more soon.

OurTown

Reaction score
Following this thread. Who's dryers are considered the best performing?

I'm not sure about the multiple vac motor style but the single motor three phase ones are more powerful. They are also quieter and should be maintenance free. I think the only other brand besides Diskin that has a single three phase motor is Carolina Pride. The power unit is called a regenerative blower.

Etowah

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the multiple vac motor style but the single motor three phase ones are more powerful. They are also quieter and should be maintenance free. I think the only other brand besides Diskin that has a single three phase motor is Carolina Pride. The power unit is called a regenerative blower.
The single motor is DEFINITELY the way to go. When I was looking to purchase Diskins dryer they sent me to 2 car washes that used their 3-motor system (before they came out with 1-motor system). I tried them and barely any air was blowing out. I called Diskin and they said 1 or 2 of the motors was probably out. The 1-motor system will either blow or be dead, no confusion! 👍

David Rolf

Reaction score
I agree with Kimberly 100%. I installed the Diskins three-phase units for an all-in cost of $15K. I checked my hour meters at the 1-year mark and have recovered all my expenses. Customers love them and see them being used a lot. Good Luck

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Following this thread. Who's dryers are considered the best performing?
Based on feedback from my customers (4 years of use), they want MORE AIR. Comparing my notes from past brochures Diskin uses 4.5/5 HP motor that produces airflow 320 MPH, Carolina Pride uses 3 HP motor that produces airflow ~ 180 MPH and JE Adams (Turbo Towel) uses 120 Volt motor that produces airflow "that exceeds 200+" Customers also want a nozzle thats easy to hold WITHOUT a trigger they need to hold in.