What's new

Air Machine

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have had my machine in use for almost 2 years. No light, no display whatsoever. People put in the money, if they don't hear the compressor, they squeeze the trigger and air comes out. They don't give it a second thought and just fill up the tires. I have never even gotten a comment on anything, not price, sound, use... Nothing. We charge a quarter and it does about $60/ mth.

Big

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My self contained air machines have a chuck end that does not hold back the air. This is likely so the compressor does not start under pressure. Anyway, you always hear the air coming out. That type of chuck would solve your issue if you regulate the pressure down. would not want to do it with 150 psi coming out.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
My self contained air machines have a chuck end that does not hold back the air. This is likely so the compressor does not start under pressure. Anyway, you always hear the air coming out. That type of chuck would solve your issue if you regulate the pressure down. would not want to do it with 150 psi coming out.
I've never seen one of those. Where did you get it? By chuck end do you mean the part that you put on the valve stem. I have another air machine that has a compressor in it and it has a regulator on the exit of the compressor that bleeds air if the pressure is too high.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
IMO, all you would need is a sign stating the time ans cost, so that there would be none or less confusing.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've never seen one of those. Where did you get it? By chuck end do you mean the part that you put on the valve stem. I have another air machine that has a compressor in it and it has a regulator on the exit of the compressor that bleeds air if the pressure is too high.
Here is a site.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00397L7T4/shoppingnet3-20
I have had the regulators that bleed off excess pressure in the machines. They come with those. Once they go bad (don't hold any pressure), I trash them.

Like I said. With a 150psi compressor attached to a solenoid, the hose will whip around when the solenoid opens unless it;s regulated down. The self contained units have no tank so they only build pressure if the chuck is on the tire or if you have the internal regulator. With the chuck flowing freely they only build pressure if the chuck is held on the tire, and then only up to the tire pressure.

Flamingo

Reaction score
Air Machine has been in service for a couple of weeks/I had a decent Air chuck with the air pressure gauge combo on the hose..yesterday went to the wash and noticed ,I had a hose that had been cut in half....I replaced with just a plain air chuck...

crewchief97

Reaction score
Air machine

I an building my own air machine using a Adams 120v solenoid with a va24400 papaplate timer. I'm hooing to my equipment room comprssor. What I need to know is there anyway to hookup a 24v pilot lamp to show that the machine is ready to dispense air so that they won't beat on it trying to get it to come on? Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
You could use a 120V pilot light. The Hamilton "Out of service" lamp is 120V.

Etowah