What's new

Air Machine

MEP001

Reaction score
It's a JE Adams machine. They use a cheap compressor. When I worked for a distributor we sold several and most of them had an issue within the first year.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
HAve a few. Had them a long time. No issues. They used a top of te line Thomas Compressor. Perhaps they use a different now.

MEP001

Reaction score
The ones we installed didn't have a Thomas compressor. That was in the early 90's. The price on the unit from Kleen-Rite is so good though that I doubt one could get one for less than KR's price PLUS a replacement compressor.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd call JE Adams directly and ask them what it has in it.

mac

Reaction score
Another option is use your compressor. Just run a 1/2" line out to the box withy just a timer, acceptor and solenoid valve.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I know that is an option mac. However, I would like to put air machine out front of the wash in the mulch area next to 2 vendors.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
So I should get one with a Thomas Compressor?
I don't know if there would be an up carge or how much. If you tink about it the load on the compressor is low. This is especialy true if you use a cuck that does not hold pressure. Then it only runs 4 minutes at a time. If the Upcharge is more than $200 or so I would go with the less expensive compressor. If there is an issue you can replace it with a more expensive one. A friend has a route and he typicaly uses Thomas because he rebuilds them and he doesn't want to travel or have delays if there is an issue.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Another Option & Choice

Has anyone had any experience with one of these as far as reliability?

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-37427-economy-air-machine-wall-or-pedestal-mounted.aspx

thanks!
Waxman,

I did not know until I checked out Meppy's link that J.E. Adams has some retractable hose versions.

http://www.jeadams.com/Product/1167/Air-Machine-for-Retractable-Hose-Reel-Base-GAST-Compressor.aspx

We are hoping by the end of the week that we will have our air setup with a Cox "gentle return" retractable reel. Our customers have dollar coins in their pockets & purses from our 2 changers ... so our net income :) from our air machine will tend to be more than the "quarters only" JE Adams coin acceptor versions. Not to mention the extra service & convenience for our customers.

Just trying to be helpful.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

MEP001

Reaction score
We are hoping by the end of the week that we will have our air setup with a Cox "gentle return" retractable reel. Our customers have dollar coins in their pockets & purses from our 2 changers ... so our net income :) from our air machine will tend to be more than the "quarters only" JE Adams coin acceptor versions. Not to mention the extra service & convenience for our customers.

Just trying to be helpful.
How is pushing your dollar coin agenda being helpful?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Mep, I think he's being realistic with the dollar coins. Maybe we don't like it and will it will force a lot of equipment change, its just reality.

History lesson. I took a vacation to Jamaica a few years back. When there, I learned the Jamaican dollar was equivalent to an American dollar 10-15 years prior. 1 to 1....

2 years ago, the Burgers at Burger King in Jamaica STARTED at $315....$115 for a liter of gas. They had large currency coins to compensate for the hyper inflation, although their dollar coin had the same value of our penny!....The currency exchange went from 1 - 1 to 1 - 90 (American to Jamaican) in just 10-15 short years....All due to hyper inflation brought on by frivolous Government spending and debt. Last I noticed, we are heading in the same direction. Although I believe dollar coins won't touch what's headed our way. Imagine owning a carwash in Jamaica? I don't like what I see either. Just trying to figure out how to prepare for it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mep, I think he's being realistic with the dollar coins. Maybe we don't like it and will it will force a lot of equipment change, its just reality.
Realistic or not, it's hardly necessary to bring it up in almost every post he makes.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score

History lesson. I took a vacation to Jamaica a few years back. When there, I learned the Jamaican dollar was equivalent to an American dollar 10-15 years prior. 1 to 1....

2 years ago, the Burgers at Burger King in Jamaica STARTED at $315....$115 for a liter of gas. They had large currency coins to compensate for the hyper inflation, although their dollar coin had the same value of our penny!....The currency exchange went from 1 - 1 to 1 - 90 (American to Jamaican) in just 10-15 short years....All due to hyper inflation brought on by frivolous Government spending and debt.
Thanks 2Biz,

The Gomer Pyle in me :eek: is thinking that Waxman Mr. Kugelis Capitalist's post was about "inflation" so your response shares some related good points & most certainly was not out of line, improper &/or excessively changing the subject. In third world countries one of the problems that got out of hand was not enough "responsible capitalism" with proper rule of law. As to this other pertinent "inflation topic" .... relating to time spent with some personal mission work in the Latin American country of Guatemala when our State Dept advised no travel by USA citizens .... seven fold inflation in a very short period of time was bad. The worst part of that reality ... was ... even though often unintentional &/or unconscionable infliction on a segment of the population to also not have realistic ways to ... not get drastically hurt by it.

I honestly thought ... especially for new & uninitiated ... to our forum & the car wash industry ... a little bit of ongoing true sharing of a pertinent personal observation about people with dollar coins in their pocket or purse ... by diligently making those specific coins easily available in the proximate area of spending .... would yield a tire inflation machine (assuming a better dollar coin acceptor) ... more NET PROFIT than otherwise. In other words ... just trying to helpful:) Time will tell ... on our adventure with the also mentioned included retractable reel feature of our almost done ... unique hopefully "for profit :confused: tire inflation air machine project".

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

Like most things - Time will tell.

I think cashless will replace coins long before such a switchover takes place. Get back to me in 2020.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Like most things - Time will tell.

I think cashless will replace coins long before such a switchover takes place. Get back to me in 2020.
I hope our friend Waxman forgives you guys:) for hijacking his original post. My opinion is that all cashless will never be the best fit for a large percentage of USA citizens. We should enhance the niche of the more mature & pretested ATMs proven by many laundromat owners for fulfilling those who just happen to get low on the small amount of cash required for the self service side of our business & for those who may want to just use the "for profit" air machine. Besides, I think it is more risky merchant fee-wise:p without a healthy cash alternative.

Jimmys

Reaction score
Mac's idea works GREAT WAxman. No extra compressor to break, wearout or maintain. Customers far happier with larger volum and higher pressure air coming from your big compressor. I installed two at two of my vacs for less that $50 each. Put on the nice "high dollar" valvs that show tire pressure. Everyone loves them. Almost doubled my vac business. Thought the valves would be stolen so bought a few extra from Harbor Freight ($6,99 each) :)............Not one has beeen stolen yet in past 4 months.

mac

Reaction score
One of the other things that I do when I install a direct air compressor setup, is have a sign made up by it that says "Try our air, made fresh daily."