What's new

Air Logic Triple Foam Problem

APW

Reaction score
I've had the Air Logic system for a year now and still am not happy with it. I have adjusted till I am blue in the face and it spits and sputters. When a customer turns it on it might take a minute before it starts flowing decent and then its still not very good. It has 3/8 lines from the pump room to the bays and the farthest bay is about 45' away. The air is set at 30 psi and the liquid at 55. I have tried adjusting the flow and air, and the needle valves but still can't get it dialed in right. Any suggestions?

OurTown

Reaction score
In addition to JGinther's suggestions have you tried to see what would happen if you made your current chemical richer? Are the air lines tied into the chemical lines above each bay or in the equipment room?

OurTown

Reaction score
I also want comment that it seems like I rarely see a triple foam system that works right.

MEP001

Reaction score
In my experience, it's all about the generator and the tip. The rest is just pumping fluid and opening solenoids.

APW

Reaction score
The generator is mounted at the top of the curly hose in the bay. The air and liquid are in separate lines until it enters the generator. I'll go up a tip size and see what happens. It is a ultra concentrate but I have only used 2.5 gallons in one year.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I use Warsaw TF, red, blue, and yellow....I had an issue once that might lead you to check your chemical. I had ordered 3 new 5 gallon buckets of TF....Shortly after putting the yellow bucket in, that color started spitting and sputtering and was very watery, not like the other 2 colors...It took me awhile to discover they sent me the wrong TF. They sent me TF that was designed for an arch system in an automatic....I don't have any idea what the difference is between the two, what they sent me just wouldn't work, no matter what tip I used. Both types of TF had the same mix ratios, its a mystery! My distributor took the TF back and replaced it with what I originally ordered. Another painful lesson! When I receive an order now, I check the buckets to make sure its the right stuff!

BTW, are you pumping chemical with a Flojet or Procon? I use a 4040 tip and run 75 PSI on chemical and 60 psi air. Seems to work good. I think I could get better foam if I changed out the generators with better ones...A future project...

I ditched the curly hose....Too many issues with tangled hoses and freezeups in the winter. The hose was way too long to purge during extreme cold. Having straight hose works great, no freezeups even down to -5°...Win Win...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I also want comment that it seems like I rarely see a triple foam system that works right.

Soap/detergent products are usually much easier to work with than polish products. Having said that, I feel obligated to use a product that has some customer benefit, not just sell them time.

Roz

Reaction score
We had a similar issue with one bay. I opened up the trough and followed the lines when the system was on. Found a hole in the air line that was causing the tri-foam to come out looking like liquid and unappealing. A patches air line and things are running properly. Check all your lines as a heat tape was the cause for our hole in the line.