What's new

Air Logic Triple Foam Dilution

DRsuds

Reaction score
I'm looking to change my triple foam dilution on my Air Logic triple foam. It's flowjet driven with I believe 506 hydrominders. I'm using Kleen-pak clear coat conditioner red, yellow and blue. When it was set up originally, it was set up with the soap pre-diluted 50/50 before going into the hydrominder. It had good results but it left too much room for human error. I want to get rid of all pre-dilution. Kleen-pak says on the site to use 1200/1 so I tried some ultra lean tips but then I have almost no foam and less color. So 1200/1 is clearly too lean. When it was on predilution the tip was yellow which is 90/1 on about 40 psi of air and 60 psi of air going into the flojets. Does anyone else have a flojet set up with Kleen-right triple foam?

Roz

Reaction score
I'm looking to change my triple foam dilution on my Air Logic triple foam. It's flowjet driven with I believe 506 hydrominders. I'm using Kleen-pak clear coat conditioner red, yellow and blue. When it was set up originally, it was set up with the soap pre-diluted 50/50 before going into the hydrominder. It had good results but it left too much room for human error. I want to get rid of all pre-dilution. Kleen-pak says on the site to use 1200/1 so I tried some ultra lean tips but then I have almost no foam and less color. So 1200/1 is clearly too lean. When it was on predilution the tip was yellow which is 90/1 on about 40 psi of air and 60 psi of air going into the flojets. Does anyone else have a flojet set up with Kleen-right triple foam?
Triple foam chemicals seem to be more dense or thick than other chemicals such that the small tips get clogged easily. We use a carnauba based tri foam polish. Happens on our Razor tri foam chemical injectors too. We spoke with our chemical rep and now dilute our tri foam chemicals and use a wider tip. Clogging seems to have gone away and the chemical show in the bays and the IBAs is just as good as using the chemical without dilution (and the lean tip).

MEP001

Reaction score
One, you can get a more accurate result by putting a second draw hose on the Hydrominder and pulling from the mixed chemical in the tank with one of them. It's trial and error to figure out the tips, but it works and you don't have to hand mix anything.

Two, switch to something better. The Kleen-Rite label soaps are not very good. I use the Simoniz UVP and the three color buckets last about six months.

Roz

Reaction score
JBS Tri foam glows and the customers notice in a positive way.

Reaction score
How do you like the air logic in general. I would like to do a triple foam soon.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
How do you like the air logic in general. I would like to do a triple foam soon.
Air Logic - Simple and easy to install...but, a bit aggravating to work on the Dema solenoid manifolds.
The manifolds are secured to the panel with long #6 machine screws and nuts. Should the solenoid manifolds require removal, it can be a bit difficult to get everything realigned and secured.

I like easy. So, I modify the solenoid mountings with Rivnuts, standoffs, and shorter machine screws. Disassembly now requires only a #2 Phillips screwdriver.
Air Logic's design: My modification:
IMG_1268.jpg IMG_1269.jpg

I wish the solution tanks were fitted with outlets on the bottom...it would make draining and cleaning easier.
The plastic tank covers are almost worthless.
I also wish they'd use Flojet mounting brackets but, that's just me picking nits.

But, they work and are reasonably priced.
IMG_1293.jpg

Roz

Reaction score
Air Logic - Simple and easy to install...but, a bit aggravating to work on the Dema solenoid manifolds.
The manifolds are secured to the panel with long #6 machine screws and nuts. Should the solenoid manifolds require removal, it can be a bit difficult to get everything realigned and secured.

I like easy. So, I modify the solenoid mountings with Rivnuts, standoffs, and shorter machine screws. Disassembly now requires only a #2 Phillips screwdriver.
Air Logic's design: My modification:
View attachment 5647 View attachment 5648

I wish the solution tanks were fitted with outlets on the bottom...it would make draining and cleaning easier.
The plastic tank covers are almost worthless.
I also wish they'd use Flojet mounting brackets but, that's just me picking nits.

But, they work and are reasonably priced.
View attachment 5650
We installed them at two locations. A big hit with customers. Payback is quick.